This game feels so much worse to play after playing it's sequel

I hate not being able to drag around concious enemies without choking them out, no stab attack with sword, enemies are blind as fuck and don't see you leaning around corners... it just feels primitive compated to 2.

Attached: dish.jpg (1366x854, 356.39K)

Gameplay wise sure 2 is an improvement, HOWEVER:
>1 has better voice acting
>1 has a better plot
>1 has better atmosphere
>1 has better characters
>1 can run on anything while 2 still has frame stutters to this day even on high end computers
>1 doesn't require you to sign into a stupid bethesda third party software to get stuff that should have come built into the game already

If you're knocking out enemies then you're playing the game wrong. To enjoy Dishonored you need to play it as a pacifist. Knocking people out and fighting guards gets really boring.

The entire series is shit for wagging its finger when all I want is to lead my rat army

Quite the opposite. Savescumming time and time again to get the epic ghost run is lame as fuck desu, I'd rather try to sneak around and then fight the enemies fair and square once I am found.

>get found
>do the janky combat
>win
>move on
boring. To me it just feels like each level is a puzzle and I have to find the correct way to the end. It's the same with the first watchdogs.

Incorrect and stupid opinion.
True sigmas stealth around them

A lot of “play your way” games from the 7th gen are significantly more fun if you play them as stealth games and only do combat when absolutely necessary.

>2 has mouse acceleration
>1 does not

1 is better, end of discussion

Attached: corvosmile.jpg (606x928, 233.61K)

In 1 this might be the case but I think that the direct combat is quite decent in 2.

>Game has fully fleshed out lethal combat magic and weapons
>Game punishes you for using them
>Game does not give a blunt weapon, only sleep dart, and you can only carry so many
>No you can't do magic to make people pass out

>A lot of “play your way” games from the 7th gen
name them

>1 has a better plot
this is the only thing you got correct, 2 wins hands down in every other category.

>Game does not give a blunt weapon, only sleep dart, and you can only carry so many
You can knock out enemies in combat by stunning and grabbing them then throwing them to the ground and kicking them. Any time an enemy falls down you can knock them out.
Otherwise I agree, the Chaos system fucking sucks because playing as a non lethal stealth player gets really boring, especially because the stealth is not as good as Splinter Cell or Thief.

2 sucks

Splinter Cell was the shit

No, voicing the player characters was and remains a bad idea.

>Game punishes
lol, stopped reading there. Is there anything more childish than whining about "punishment" when you don't get what you want?

100% this
hated when Corvo talked.

I wish they had kept the cleaner aesthetic from 1 (and maybe engine if possible) but 2 has the superior level layouts, and levels are #1 most important thing in a sneak n' explore game like this. And I don't mean the fancy trick stuff like the clockwork mansion, just the "big multifloor building" stuff like the Addermire Institute or the Duke's palace. D1 levels were too small and too chopped-up.

wdym you don't like your daddy main characters?
what are you? fucking straight?

I can’t believe they put the Thief voice actor for Corvo.