There's no rational reason to dislike FFXIII. It's easily one of the best titles in the series

There's no rational reason to dislike FFXIII. It's easily one of the best titles in the series.

Attached: 1627381402452.jpg (1920x1080, 308.17K)

It's combat system is shit. Everything else is good.

Every time i think this board has finally hit rock bottom we sink even lower into the Earth's mantle to some new layer of hell that shouldn't exist.

I'm not even ashamed to admit it but it's number 5 on my ranking for Final Fantasy games. I really like it. I think it needed a lot more polish though but compared to some of the FF games, it at least felt complete. until the sequels and im very mixed about those.

But they all have the same titles just with number changes… Final Fantasy #… why is this one better?

Facts. The entire trilogy is godlike and is in the top 5 best of the series. The only people that disagree haven't played it or were told to feel that way by muh influencers

I didn't like XIII-2 that much and LR felt really incomplete to me desu.

It's not a dumpster fire, but it's just so boring.
If you're gonna have braindead autocombat, at least make a fun world with lots of setpieces and things to do, but nope, here's a corridor.
At least Snow had a cool theme and the chicken nigga is funny.

You mean you don't like the game that objectively ruined one of the best series of all time? What's wrong with you? Didn't you take your daily dose of hyper-contrarianism?

Good post.

>play XIII
>think it sucks
>play XIII-2
>story is wack but its actually pretty fun
>play LR:XIII
>story is fucking ridiculous, timer is retarded but the battle system is fun as fuck
XIII is the worst game in its own subseries

>Story is dogshit and dragged out especially during the first half of the game
>Pacing is poor both story and gameplay wise, it takes up about 30 hours for the combat to start opening up and the story for most part is just the party running from the Sanctum and then doing what the villain wants
>Themes are poorly handled, was the game about rebelling against your fate as you literally end up doing what you were asked in the beginning or accepting your fate as literally that's what saves everyone at the end
>Gated progression behind story events make the beginning tedious as you can't experiment with party combinations, especially since you don't have a full party with roles until the end of chapter 7
>Most of the cast is underdeveloped and at least half of them are unlikeable
>Combat is worthless for most of the game as the rewards are poor and you can't avoid combat due to the enemies being to big, fast and aggro easily
>paradigm implementation is frustrating as you have to set role combinations before combat, so if you fight a new enemy and your roles dont work you have guaranteed game over
>dumb mechanic where the party leader dies and is game over
>level design is mostly just hallways that go in one direction
Music, lore and graphics are nice but overall its a far cry from other FF, only one on the same level of mediocrity is XV.

Just finished watching the WR platinum trophy speedrun. FF13 is an even better game than I thought it was. Just crucially unfinished, and the sequels didn't really repair the damage. There was so much potential simply wasted by development problems.

The combat is the best part of the game and the best in any FF game except maybe FF13-2. You just don't realize how good it is because you never learned how to use it.

>hallways
>takes forever to get to the point with cutscenes
>combat system is unlocked too late
>most enemies are simply walls that you have to unlock before you can do damage
>story is a confusing mess
>characters are annoying and unlikeable
>took forever to get released and was slapped together at the end and it shows

There is every reason why people hate this game.

T. Person playing this shit right now. At the music box elevator tower and grinding robots. Boring as fuck.

>The combat is the best part of the game and the best in any FF game except maybe FF13-2. You just don't realize how good it is because you never learned how to use it.
No. It's just shit.

>There's no rational reason to dislike FFXIII. It's easily one of the best titles in the series.

I don't even think OP believed this when he typed it and made the thread. Square doesn't even like the title.

Attached: 88776.jpg (625x626, 30.76K)

Stop grinding! Right now! You do NOT need to level up unless you need to unlock a new ability.
Start using libra. Start using accessories effectively. Start upgrading weapons with abilities you like. Start picking abilities manually and using the repeat button. Use your summons. Use quake. Use renew.

No, you're shit. Get good.

there's one omega-level autist that really fucking loves XIII. He occasionally resurfaces to spew his autism all over one thread and dunk on Barry.

You can skip more fights than you think, if you really try. And treat new fights more like experiments to see what works and what doesn't. Yeah you might have to hit the retry button but picking out a good strategy (paradigms, party composition, weapons, accessories) is a huge part of the game that sadly isn't explained well in the game itself.

The upgrade system was silly and obfuscated. But you dont really need it

Main character is female.
That's reason enough.

I really tried to give this game a chance. I remember the l’Cie scene and them getting branded and thinking how intense it would be.

Then the game happened. “Operation Nora” where Hope whines and tries to kill snow, lightning yelling at everyone in the past (this is the worst birthday ever!) and present (punching snow, trying to abandon hope in a junk yard.) on and on and on it was just so uninteresting.