Live A Live Remake

Ok so am I the only one who hates the look of this?

>Shitty Octopath Engine graphics with that shitty ass 3D perspective
>Especially noticeable in what once were Akira's beautifully sprite animated attacks now are done with cheap digital effects which don't fit with the rest of the spritework
>Terrible Generic UI lacking soul compared to the original and especially the fan translation which had unique fonts for each chapter
>The translation will probably be inferior to the fan one most likely
>Fucking voice acting(FUCKING WHY?)
>The trailer literally spoils the game for people who haven't played the game what were they fucking thinking?

Sure the game still being 2D is better than a shitty 3D remake but this is a shit 2D remake just like DQ3.

Why couldn't they just re-release the original game with the the original graphics?
It's not like Live A Live's graphics have aged badly. In fact it still looks better than this garbage ass remake.
Fuck Octopath, it's literally become the next Game Maker for Official 2D RPG Remakes and it looks horrid.

Attached: live-a-live-02-09-22-2.jpg (1089x613, 169.7K)

The best part is that normalfags think it's octopath sequel. Hilarious.

>"soul"

Attached: Keanu-Reaves-in-The-Matrix-Ressurections.jpg (2000x1270, 984.07K)

Yeah you're a faggot
There, thread can be closed

I'm glad SE isn't listening to retards like OP and doubling down on games that look like this. I love this aesthetic.

What OP should really be pushing for is rereleases of the original versions alongside these remakes

That'd be pretty based, actually. I can agree with that.

>Yes every 2D RPG should look like Octopath Game Maker
0.02 yen have been deposited in your SE account

Like the Mana series got that treatment, so its not like Square hasn't considered the idea before

If they included the original versions I wouldn't be complaining as much.

A lot of game remakes already do that actually.

Still it's a wonder how a game made in 2022 manages to look worse than one made in 1994.
Goes to show that technology only goes so far when you don't have good artists.

Original SD3 didn't come with SD3 Remake.
Not sure about SD2.

>>Shitty Octopath Engine graphics with that shitty ass 3D perspective
This. All of these games are so fucking ugly I'll never play them.

Or you're just an out of touch boomer who thinks old is always better. New isn't always better either but more people obviously don't share your shitter opinion considering how well the games sell

>Ok so am I the only one who hates the look of this?
I'm sure there are others, but the 2DHD engine is fantastic outside of the excessive bloom they use for it sometimes, translations shouldn't matter because EOPs aren't people, and good voice acting is always a great thing.

>but the 2DHD engine is fantastic
It's 2d shit with god awful ENB slapped on, you're seriously fucked.

Don't care still buying it.

Attached: 1639766280743.jpg (747x852, 51.23K)

Also one thing I forgot.
Will the original artwork by all the different mangaka even be showcased in this remake or will it be just like the Mana remakes with their shitty generic remade artwork?

The artwork was a huge selling point of LaL since it had art by 7 different popular manga artists including Gosho Aoyama of Detective Conan fame.
It would be nice to see these in a higher resolution and whatnot.

Attached: Lal_oboro_cpt.png (1231x900, 2.69M)

No but both were released. They put out a release of the original versions of the Mana trilogy, and all three Mana games have remakes. The original multiple.

I’m just happy it’s getting more love. Toby needs to start tweeting about and going to Rudra and Secret of Evermore concerts now.

You're seriously retarded.

The original graphics sucked ass even for its time

That art's not really part of the actual game, though. Did it come with a book or something in its original release?

This is one of my favorite games and I don't agree at all.
Live A Live was always one of the worse looking SNES RPGs, not something that holds up visually the way FF6 and Chrono do. This definitely freshens up the visuals and makes it consistent across chapters, and the more cinematic and 2.5D look suits the game when it already operated on grid battles and a billion cutscenes. They've also downplayed the bloom a lot compared to Octopath, and the new character artwork is absolutely gorgeous.

Having a proper English translation at all is incredibly exciting and they're doing a lot of great improvements like a map for Oboro's chapter. The voice acting could be a miss but if it's anything like Octopath you can turn it off, plus they're getting huge names like Ogata and Nakamura so it's not being half assed.

The spoilers don't matter. Anyone googling the game these days cuz it's the game that inspired Megalovania is going to discover Oersted, controlling that spoiler so people think it's just an unlockable chapter starring a medieval hero is a lot better than letting kids discover the true plot of the game. Not like they're revealing Lin or Chapter 9 in the English direct.

>Ok so am I the only one who hates the look of this?
ye

Like even if you like the Octopath graphics not every game should look like it because it just gets boring.

And they could have easily done a UI that resembles the presentation of the original game but they couldn't be bothered so they're just using generic assets.

The character select screen alone hurts my soul.
These fuckers have no sense of aesthetics whatsoever. Look at those ugly backgrounds, look at the intrusive button prompts in the bottom.

Attached: lalselect.png (821x281, 364.31K)