Why is trading dead?

Why is trading dead?

Attached: trading.png (2710x1630, 1.83M)

It's not convenient and costs you time and money. The devs always seem to give you multiple ways to avoid trading.

GM killed RS.

>regular
>ironman
>ultimate ironman
>hardcore ironman
>group ironman
too many bullshit game modes now

Attached: 182474516570.jpg (240x240, 22.54K)

its more devtime wasted on iron modes for autists that want to show that they went through an already restricted game with more restrictions. Since the game cant evolve they just cater to the autistic community that enjoys doing one task for over 800 hours to get to 99 in a useless skill for bragging rights like its an accomplishment.

Explain what your image is trying to convey and then we can have a discussion

>playing jew simulator on the rotmg nexus
pure soul

Let me explain:
>be me
>grow up on WoW, Minecraft servers, runescape
>10+ years pass
>multiplayer games only have loot boxes, skins, account-locked gear
>nobody trades anything anymore
>WoW, RuneScape, Minecraft still exist but have regressed on the economics front
>economics multiplayer games are permadead
>it's over
>my favorite genre is dead
>kms
And if you're an evefag or a tf2fag you can fuck off

Attached: dream.jpg (3030x1223, 1.6M)

Trading is dead because economies are dynamic changing things and game devs don't want to put in the work of monitoring it to keep it from extremes that can collapse it. Much easier to have players sell all their shit to npcs for pennies. Also much less fun, but nobody cares about making games fun.

game developers realized gamers would rather go out and farm said items for HOURS on end instead of spending ingame currency to buy it.
see the slayer skill in oldschool runescape

(cont)
fortnite, overwatch, League, Smash, CoD, dark souls, etc. etc. etc. have no economy or non-existent economy

i think he means having to interact with other players to buy and sell items, also including haggling the price which is also fun.
nowadays games have automated systems and you never have to speak to another soul in your "mulitplayer" game

>Minecraft
Underageb&

>muh ge vs. no ge
>heard this argument for literally 15 years at this point
look at this point I won't even debate the ge. That rock has been turned over so many times.

How about I phrase it a different way so you have to use your fucking brain faggot?

Was GE (15 years old) the peak of the trading game? Never to be improved on again?

Millennial who bought in alpha plus ratio plus kill yourself niggerlicker

Attached: muh hand.png (609x261, 80.93K)

Because developers do a shit job of actually maintaining the value of items and communication in a game.
Nobody's gonna care to have a whole conversation if you make the 12 pig asses they need to update their thicc booty level if it's too obnoxious and unrewarding to collect pig asses and commerce with botters for price. At that point any obstruction is just an increase on the core annoyance on the acquiring of pig ass

Attached: 611px-Mercenary.png (611x599, 268.82K)

niggers

>your fucking brain faggot?
what's a brain faggot?
>Was GE (15 years old) the peak of the trading game? Never to be improved on again?
Only way to improve it is remove it

I would have voted no to the Grand Exchange if Fagex actually got rid of those merch bots that sold supplies at outrages prices.

brain, faggot

nah, the GE is good when you have exactly substitute goods. if you want to get rid of the GE, Jagex would need to introduce some kind of sailing, dungeoneering with variable rewards like Diablo 2 or Path of Exile or something of that nature. But that would require engine work.

Attached: __.png (1581x1431, 1.9M)

tf2fagsgetoutreeeeeeeeee

Attached: reeeeee.png (1400x600, 350.65K)

trading is like an afterthought in most MMOs now, the devs just want you to grind through killing things and running instances instead of being a merchant who has to plot out their trading and think about shit like logistics.

TF2's a great example of a player economy, everything worth a shit has similar expense on acquiring to use.
All the nice hats are like 1 ref and 1 reclaimed metal. There's no issue getting any actually necessary weapons.

>offer :)

KILL YOURSELF

Attached: 1293607042272.png (720x540, 500.42K)

>nah, the GE is good
faggot alert