You guys talked me into trying this game. And I did almost zero research on it, so I had no idea what it was about...

You guys talked me into trying this game. And I did almost zero research on it, so I had no idea what it was about. Well now I'm 9 hours in, and I'm having a lot of fun. So thanks for the recommendation. But also, holy fucking shit is it terrifying. I'm dreading turning it back on. I have to go bad to Ember Twin to investigate a fossil. But I reeeeally don't want to do that. Because I ventured went into Dark Bramble, and now I'm traumatized. Dark Bramble made me shit my pants. I almost quit to the menu immediately, but only let it play out because I wanted the information I gathered to show up on the rumor map.

Last night, I went to bed early, and woke up late. And I wasn't particularly tired that day. But the game just drained me mentally and emotionally. I'm going back in tonight, wish me luck.

Attached: outer wilds.jpg (1280x720, 106.46K)

play it in vr

giants deep and the anglerfish scare me more than any zombie horror game ive played

>dark bramble
the feeling of having headphones on and hearing a growl, then seeing the jaws envelop your ship from behind made the skin on my back crawl.
I finished it a week ago, I tried as hard as I could to go through it without a guide, but I ended up having to look up hints for like 4 things (I kind of don't regret doing that, the 4 things kind of seemed like I would have never figured them out anyways). Great game

I finished the DLC yesterday. What a great piece of content. Added new things to the base mechanics while telling an intriguing story. I wish more games just added expansions like this like in the old days.

not OP, the vr mode looks neat but thinking of some of the sections of the game, I think this would be the one vr game to make me lose my lunch

>giants deep
Yeah, that whole planet scares the shit out of me. It took all my courage just to get under neath the one island. It was only a quick hop underwater and then back up immediately.

But I looked down and saw something big down there. And I hear there's a way to get down there, but I don't WANT to go down there. So I'm just putting it off for now. Brittle Hollow is also scary, but much easier to deal with. I've advanced much there, but I've come to a point where I don't know what to do there.(I'm not looking for advice, I'm just saying)

Just stated playing this; how much do you have to repeat everytime you die and time resets?
I've noticed I don't have to go get the launch codes, but I managed to land on the moon and talk to the lonely guy there; do I have to go back and talk to him every time?

It's a pretty good walking simulator.
I hope it's a sign of things to come for the genre.

Sounds like you are enjoying the experience to its fullest, OP. Keep going forward and don't be afraid to investigate some other place if you get stuck somewhere.

Don't touch the DLC until you have finished the game. While it ties into the main story it is very much its own thing.

You do not have to repeat anything. All information you gather is added to the ship's computer and is not reset.

Everything you learn is saved in your ship's computer. The entire game is about applying that knowledge to progress. So no, you don't need to talk to him every time

Finally a decent thread without the OP bitching about not being able to like the game

Yeah, the Dark Bramble is fucking terrifying. First place I visited and I didn't play the game for a year afterwards lol. Savor the experience, there's not much like it.

Don't touch the DLC until like 6 months after you beat the main game.

>thread struggles and on page 8 after a dozen replies
Shitposting really does keep threads alive, huh?

I think it's more than nobody wants to spoil OP.
Also OP: get out now. You have some great stuff ahead of you you definitely don't want spoiled.

I found it genuinely unsettling in parts. You've seen nothing yet.

Thanks guys!

>Don't touch the DLC until you have finished the game.

How do I know where/when the DLC starts?

I don't think it classifies as a walking sim. It's a puzzle game with platforming and flying elements.

there is a "new exhibit" sign in the museum on timber heart, that's the start of the DLC

There's no puzzles.
You just read the text and do the next thing.

Its a little observatory on top of the home planet. You can't really stumble on it randomly

you have not played the game, why are you in this thread?

I've completed it. :)
Not played the DLC yet though.
I dunno man, if you found it puzzling, you might just be stupid.

Just because you don't murder anyone doesn't mean its a walking simulator

Well thats not true imo. There is a tower somewhere which is all about puzzle. In fact, most of the game is like a big escape room. Oh well.

You're not alone, all my friends and I feel exactly the same way. Just feels like the worst parts of a walking simulator and the worst parts of a puzzle game.

Yes I'm sure you figured out how to reach the ATP or the core on giant's deep on your first loop, you are very smart user

ATP is just process of elimination with the teleport stones.
Giant's Deep, there's literally a text wall that says "Hmm, some of them spin the other way. I wonder what that means..."