This is the most influential video game of the 21st century, prove me wrong

This is the most influential video game of the 21st century, prove me wrong.

Attached: 1643077024151.jpg (600x900, 187.97K)

technically it isn't a game. it's virtual murder trainer for starting hitmen

>technically it isn't a game
what the fuck are you talking about

Technically this game came out in the Long 20th Century (1898-2007). Which makes it a 20th century game. A true 21st century game would be something that came out in the iPhone cancer recession era (2008-present).

Attached: 1630893436156.jpg (480x690, 121.22K)

>prove me wrong
Easy

Attached: resident-evil-4-podarochnoe-izdanie-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1158, 189.38K)

The only problem is that no game can match GTA. Even though an open world game has many mechanics from GTA, it stands apart in many other aspects. GTA has no equal, and unfortunately Rockstar is taking advantage of this by not rushing to release VI and only milking the money from GTAO

Lolno.
GTA3's influence is the backbone of the entire sandbox and open world genres and don't even get me started on its long term impact on both the industry and gaming.

this is already a widely accepted view
why would you frame the thread like you came up with that genius observation lmao

>You can lock yourself out of beating the game 100%
>Shit you have to do to progress makes side missions nearly impossible
Defend this.

Cod 4

It's not a bug, it's a feature
Thanks

not many games were trying to replicate Resident Evil

CoD 4 is also technically part of the Long 20th Century since it came out in 2007. I consider the 21st century to officially start with iPhones becoming big and the recession happening in 2008. 2001-2007 were still politically and culturally 20th century years.

MGS unironically. Ever since then every faggot thinks they have a story to tell.

>21st century

schizo headcannon

holy zoomage
9/11 and web 2.0 changed the world more than the iphone

>I consider the 21st century to officially start
Opinion discarded.

Didn't read, don't care

SUPAH MARIO BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS 2

The War on Terror had been going on since the 70s. 9/11 and the Iraq War were just a continuation of tensions that had already been boiling since then. And Web 2.0 started in the 90s with Newgrounds and Livejournal.

If you think either of those compare to the sheer cancer that is iPhones, you're delusional.

jack thompson pls go