Toby stole everything, EVERYTHING! Everything that matters to me matters in this world

Toby stole everything, EVERYTHING! Everything that matters to me matters in this world...

Attached: tau.jpg (2936x1912, 476.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OLyYp-ZYYNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

check my 3 tho

Fail

>he thinks anything original exists anymore
Har har har

ONE

>he thinks there has ever been something new under the sun
pathetic

>Cave Story
>Under Tale
gee user, how'd you figure this one out

Attached: Annoying_Dog.gif (1150x950, 21.29K)

Whens "Motherlike" gonna be memed into a genre name?

Undertalelike*
Daily remainder that "Demon Souls" was a fusion between Berserk (setting) and Xanadu Next (gameplay).

The beginning section of Deltarune, when Kris is roaming the desolate area before Lancer and Susie is an homage to Secret of Evermore.
youtube.com/watch?v=OLyYp-ZYYNE

Likewise, the prison cell sequence and Lancer “borrowing Kris’ pocket” is an homage to Illusion of Gaia with Lilly, complete with unnecessary spinning.

Point is that they’re homages, taking from something he found personal aspirations from as a sincere form of flattery. Toby makes no attempt to hide his references and apparently loves talking about them, if his livestreams and tweeets are anything to go by.

Terranigma is next in Ch. 3-5

Undertale is clearly aping Mother

It's called "quirky Earthbound-inspired indie RPG" because the people who complain about them have no creativity of their own and are eternally seething at the success of others who actually found the motivation and talent to make a game.

Attached: manual.png (600x440, 20.7K)

This was unironically my first thought when I saw Undertale.
Ever since I played Cave Story I thought to myself “I’m gonna make a game and when I do it will be [____ Story] or something in that format” so when I saw Undertale’s kickstarter and that name I immediately went “oh I got beaten to the punch”.
To be fair, I was never going to make that game and I never will, I don’t know shit about game development lol.

Curious that it’s called an unending pillar, when the main point is to seal them, barring “Ralsei’s”

it's not a secret, you can even track the songs that are extremely close to some of the most popular songs out of undertale and deltrune
Toby was just good at synthesizing all the shit out of media he likes and distilling it in a way that really fires the neurons of the average homestuck tumblr user

Toby is completely transparent about the inspiration he's drawn from things he's fond of, seeing bitter Any Forums users try to "expose" him or even just post unrelated music with one half-similar riff acting like ripped off a whole song is very embarassing

Attached: LIVE A LIVE.png (601x686, 283.17K)

I’ve never participated in Homestuck and despise the entire medium and it’s fanbase for a myriad of reasons.
I love Toby’s works because they’re all a giant love letter to games from the 90’s that obviously inspired him to where he is now, not the weird troll fanfiction fandom.
I practically made the soi face when Mettaton’s opera started with the faux tonal singing.

He’s pretty much the ideal figure from Any Forums. He grew up playing the games we did and went on to the infamy and success he has now due to that fervor and hard work and passion.

Good artists make, great artists copy

in art there is no rules, only tools

Attached: kirb.png (867x650, 548.79K)

bump

>youtube.com/watch?v=OLyYp-ZYYNE
omfg I forgot how fucking amazing the secret of evermore soundtrack is

So, when Toby does it's bad but when Japan does the same it's based?

Attached: 1622618575424.jpg (512x726, 179.54K)

the user you're replying to is saying that "soulslike" is the term used despite souls not being the first
he's saying "Undertalelike" wouuld be the term used because it's the most popular one, despite taking so much from mother

Jeremy SOVLe

>Nintendo Direct tries to draw attention to the fact that Megalovania is in Taiko
>No one notices or cares

People don't even know what Undertale is these days, let alone shit on it.

maybe ralsei's pillar specifically is unending

how can I cram as much references as possible without it being too blatant or unfunny?

Just make your game non serious.
Like a cheap Japanese humor show.

hehe
pillar

how about semi serious?

He seems like such a down to earth bro, even though he's living the fucking weeb game dev dream in Japan right now.

Attached: smilingrune.png (1916x1064, 410.27K)