Why did Bethesda go full retard with the slight 40/50s themes for the originals? Also...

Why did Bethesda go full retard with the slight 40/50s themes for the originals? Also, why do they keep adding supernatural shit? Fallout 76 especially has a lot.

Attached: Fallout.png (1600x1000, 169.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QxvxVS8RGJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the shit I ate tastes like shit!
Why are you playing any of that trash?

Bethesda is a good example of bringing along new writers to a long-running show and all characters (themes) end up becoming caricatures of themselves. They may be fans of it, but they missed the mark on what made them SO good.

At least for Bethesda one thing they did right was make caps the mainstay currency for the series

because they're creatively bankrupt retards who want to turn it into a theme park ride and they exaggerate those themes in attempt to mask their inability to write anything decent

Attached: high IQ fanbase.png (720x251, 78.3K)

I couldn't tell you what happened in 4/76.

Fallout 3 was okay though.

don't bother posting if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute

>At least for Bethesda one thing they did right was make caps the mainstay currency for the series
No. This is fucking stupid. Caps had already been phased out by Fallout 2. It's too a weird coincidence that they're used as currency in other parts of the US. Even in New Vegas it's odd. I get that it can be justified with them being easy to identify genuine and counterfeit caps, but without a backing from something with more tangible value, caps should be worthless. In Fallout 1 the caps were backed by the (((water merchants))) so the value of caps was legitimized by the value of water. In Fallout 2, the NCR dollar was backed by the gold reserves held by the NCR. The BoS Destroyed their gold mines, so by New Vegas, NCR dollar isn't a respected currency outside of New Cali anymore. No such thought is ever put into why caps are the currency outside of the original game.

>turn it into a theme park ride

exactly this because they even removed the killing of kids in 1 and 2 on Steam

>he doesn't use Fallout Fixed or Fallout 2 Restoration

that's beside the point moron

>He doesn't commit felony trademark destruction
correct

Bethesda really leaned in on what made the series popular to begin with, and made them center stage.
Think of the 50s style neo-futurist aesthetic. In the first two games, it was distinctly a thing of the past, and is barely there in the events of the game.
When you think of Fallout, what comes to mind? Is it the various political conflicts taking place after the war, or is it the war itself, and the pre-war world?
Black Isle nearly wasted an amazing concept like that, and I'm glad that Bethesda knows what to do with the games in theory (I say in theory because execution has been mixed.)

umm gaming is a safespace now sweaty

follow-up
I can almost headcanon caps in Fallout 4 because if you're playing that game correctly then you are the water merchant in that game and the entire economy is based on whatever you say because you're producing impossible amounts of clean water.

>theme park ride
it is funny that it mostly comes off that way, since TES is the opposite.

F3, 4 and 76 feels like corporate bullshit that eats you soul, I wasn't bothered by fallout 3 being the first attempt but man it was retarded when they ignored Tactics to appeal more to the gayming community.

Attached: 1644434906110m.jpg (1024x576, 62.61K)

>When you think of Fallout, what comes to mind?

Wasteland but with very mild 50s themes, not shoved in your fucking face like FO4.

I hate Fallout 4 so much, it's unreal.

Attached: 1643677192685.png (719x723, 411.96K)

>can't target eyes or groin in VATs

garbage

I guess it could kind of make sense in the Mojave as with so many different currencies floating around, caps are the only one not maintained and produced by a single warring faction, and could very well somehow have a concrete exchange rate to clean water again except instead of the Cali water merchants it's House.

same, mr. cat, same

Yeah I would be totally fine with this. But as far as I know it's not explained in any way outside of Alice McLampshade's bullshit.

BECAUSE 50S THEMESE IS THE REAL SOUL OF FALLOUT

REDDIT VEGAS KILL ALL FALLOUT THEMES TO KILL THE IP AND MAKE THEIR POLITICAL LARPING SIMULATOR

Attached: 3324.png (1590x2083, 3.51M)

FALLOUT 3 MAP IS PERFECT

REDDIT VEGAS IS JUST DESERT SHIT ALL ALONG WITHOUT ANY FUCKING CITY
REDDIT VEGAS FEEL LIKE THE SAME GARBAGE TV SERIES WHO WANT FORCE THEIR OWN MORALES

ONLY REDDIT CAN ENJOY THAT SHIT

Attached: 3e3RR24.png (1672x2077, 3.51M)

kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=QxvxVS8RGJY

There will never be a game so KINO like Fallout3

New Vegas ruined forever the concpet of Fallout from the dark horror exploration instead now everyone think is a game of forced politics where everyone are all fanatics.

YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE IN THE NIGHT OF DC AFTER A BRUTAL FIGHT LOOKING AT WASHINGTON MONUMENT AND THINK....WHAT WAS AMERICA...WHAT YOU LOST

Attached: 1628108903736.png (1920x1200, 2.6M)

Reminder for those foul niggers here

Attached: FALLOUTS.png (3099x1292, 3.32M)

Bethesda's design choices made it into one of the biggest IPs in gaming. Their writing sucks, sure, but their worldbuilding is great. Cant knock them for that.

To complement this gentleman user Pics

Attached: FO3antiniggers.jpg (733x657, 125.57K)

the writing of Fallout 3 si a masterpiece

Fallout 4 was ruined by the garbage faction system

Attached: 70c767ca398f29fa86ec082820751601.gif (500x259, 582.13K)

Facts Based user

FO3 was Bethesda being scared of changing much. FO4 is them going full retard as originally intended.

Attached: toilet armor.png (242x450, 246.61K)

like i already said the game was ruined by New Vegas.

just look some artwork of it and imagine how good could be if only obsidian never born

Attached: downtown-financial-district_fallout4_bethesda.jpg (1600x889, 271.16K)