How come the first achievement % is never higher when it comes to Steam games...

How come the first achievement % is never higher when it comes to Steam games? Did 77% of players spend 60 dollars and quit the game?

Attached: 1644252382208.png (570x109, 57.27K)

There's an amount of people that buy games just because they're new or on sale and then put them in the backlog for eternity

I used to do that, 500 games from sales, down to a couple of dozen left to play. Made enough from selling cards to buy Cyberpunk when it came out.

I kept sleeping each night so I didn't get that achievement. the real thing to compare is the craft your first item drop off to arrive in the city since thats like 8% of people not finishing the tutorial

Cheap sale, eternal backlog, and idling programs that make steam think you've started playing it. As well as people who start, make sure the settings work, and then close it so they know if they need to refund it.
Add on people who had technical issues and can't get it to work properly, and a few that start it up go "this isn't cod?!" and immediately refund it.

I have 74 games. Played 43 of them. Completed 20 of them.

Depends on the game.

Attached: ds2.png (937x250, 37.43K)

Either people are using that program to trigger steam achievements or Dark Souls is really easy, it has much higher completion stats that other popular games.

So everyone plays DS2?

I think it also has to do with the audience itself and if the game launched with achievements. People who bought Dark souls 2 probably at least booted it up once and got slapped by an enemy early on. Basically any game that has a "you made a character" achivement will probably be similar.

Plus if it's sold in some bundle the stats will naturally be lower.

for 1, the remastered has higher %s than PTDE. So its probably the rereleases have all the people who know what theyre getting in to

DS3 too.

Attached: ds3.png (984x409, 43.44K)

I think the fact that anyone completed the original release of DS1 on PC is bullshit, that game is fucked.

Sometimes the achievements are put in after the initial launch, like with GTA:IV

how is it fucked?

not as bullshit as unpatched 1.0 ps3 dark souls was

Attached: 1321838986165.jpg (1200x922, 441.88K)

I remember that making people mad with MGS4.

>10% of players filtered by the first boss

This is only a pc thing btw. Have never met someone who buys a game on console for it just to sit there like pc players who infamously have insanely lower levels of completion than console players

>consoles
Yeah, no games be like that, people forced to play what they have, not what they want.

Yep, this. I'm starting to catch myself on this and starting through my backlog.