How the fuck psx silent hill is more scary than the 4K HD horror games of today?

How the fuck psx silent hill is more scary than the 4K HD horror games of today?

Attached: 256597-clasicos-terror-analisis-silent-hill.jpg (1200x678, 41.56K)

because you were ten years old or something

If a game is truly good, it will forever stay good.

unobtrusive survival horror without set piece galor and gritty 90's atmosphere and graphics

frfr no cap, this game bussin on god

By letting the player use their imagination

>How the fuck psx silent hill is more scary
Why do ESL shitters always type like this?

I'm a zoomer who played Silent Hill 1 only recently through emulator. I genuinely thought the game was claustrophobic and unnerving, but that has nothing to do with the game being old, just extremely good direction on part of the creators. The constant darkness + lack of visibility, the anxiety of anticipating when the radio will play, and having to explore indoor sections takes away the openness of the town that I did not realize actually gave me a bit of security in how I get to navigate or flee. The sound design is insane too, you feel very vulnerable when you're in a relatively quiet and lonely area, but your footsteps are loud and make you feel like you are giving away your location. Horror games nowadays don't give much thought to that fundamental presentation and that's why they are so meh

Attached: Maria.(Silent.Hill).full.3401114.png (1500x2780, 3.21M)

Except it's not
Finished 1,2,3,4 recently and they not even close to shit like RE7 or outlast. Even fucking fnaf 10x scarier then any SH game.

Gritty, rustic, clunky from the sound to the graphics to the gameplay.

Attached: 32454325234.jpg (943x1024, 224.6K)

based brainrotted zoomer

Soul. Simple as.

You need to work with people's imagination like said to truly be soulful

I think a lot of it is due to the sound design. That aspect is pretty hard to nail and gets overlooked often because it's not as marketable.

Fog and shitty graphics

Silent Hill is a great game, it is not a scary game

you're a total badass and a stud, zoomer-chan

Sound effects is something modern devs put zero attention into, it's absurd how many modern games you can boot up right now and simple things like footsteps never change based on where and what you're walking on it's literally the same shitty sounds everywhere for the entire game.

no lol you're just a pussy

It's psychological horror, something your tiny zoomer brain wouldn't really understand unless it involved some cheap jumpscare.

>IS...IS THAT RUST??? HELP ME NIGGERMAN IM GOING INSANE!!!!

Just the fact that you made a bad example of what I said is further proof of what I said.

ok zoomer.

It's because you can't see what's happening on the screen so your imagination.

>It's psychological horror, something your tiny zoomer brain wouldn't really understand unless it involved some cheap jumpscare.

Attached: soyjack glasses heh.jpg (620x675, 70.92K)

/qa/ lost, cope.

The ambiguity of the visuals forces the imagination to fill in the blanks. The horror comes from yourself.

I will simply refer you to the theory of "ludodissonant pseudo-abstract liminality". It would also help to read the writings of Halvng Ernstwiilder who wrote extensively on this topic in the 1930s.

/qa/ won
they are still living rent free in troons heads

I think about this sometimes because this game scared the shit out of me when I was little. Till this day no other game ever came even close to replicating that feeling.