Why the fuck does metal sonic look like chaos from Adventure 1?

Why the fuck does metal sonic look like chaos from Adventure 1?

Attached: 1626800084312.png (1192x887, 884.12K)

98-03 sonic designs was peak SOVL

Because Sonic Team don't know what to do with 99% of the characters in Sonic. Metal had the CD race and that was basically his highlight as a character.

>Metal Sonic copies Shadow's Ultimate DNA
>Foreshadows Devil Doom who created him
>Has the weird eyes, spike throw, and chaos control move as well.
Fridge brilliance from Sega.

Attached: DVDM2.png (1124x848, 845.37K)

It's explicitly stated ingame that Metal copied Chaos data from Froggy, which might have influenced his final form's design.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU'RE THINKING
AS YOU TURN TO ME

how would (You) fix Metal Sonic user?

Attached: 1622318177213.png (520x876, 337.75K)

Wasn't it confirmed from that the Biolizard is the closest thing to Chaos other than the artificial blobs?

Attached: Finalhazardfront.png (1023x747, 715.16K)

I remember being so pissed off at them pulling this when I was a kid. I wanted to fight the caped Metal Sonic, not whatever this piece of shit was supposed to be.

Have him understand that he shouldn't be a cuck to Eggman, but stop letting Sonic live rent free in his ssd.
It's fucking lame that he gets bitched slapped in the Sonic Colors cartoon. That's all he is good for.

>boss scenario
Make Metal a threat and constantly be very close to beating sonic. No, his friends aren't strong enough to 1v1 him. He can instakill you if you fuck around long enough. Have him in stages like a cosmic clone where if Sonic is too slow, Metal will attack him.

>playable scenario
Let him be sonic with the super sonic flight mode attached. He can destroy the environment like Knuckles and dash through spikes. Show how really powerful a flying sonic should be.

First I'd avoid stuff like having Metal transform into something else. He's a lot more threatening when he's just the same as Sonic, not some over the top mecha kaiju.
I did like the story in Heroes with him copying everyone's abilities but the payoff was a letdown. I'd also stop trying to replicate the race from CD, none have been as good as the original, or just a shitty boss fight on rail.
As for what I'd do, I'd try experimenting the idea of him being a hero, basically one upping Sonic. This would probably only work in a spinoff though and that's never going to happen. Wouldn't even mind if it was a boost game, at least he has proven to have that skill back in CD.
But this is a problem for the entire franchise. Introduce character, they have a little arc, future games have the character be a one note joke.

Make Look-A-Like his theme song again.

>stop trying to replicate the race from CD
THIS. Metal Sonic has combat copy powers. He should be fighting instead of challenging sonic to races. Jet the Hawk, Shadow, Blaze, and even Tails already stole that from him.

Attached: ywXW60.gif (360x270, 2.06M)

Lets go over the introduction of Mecha Vs. Metal. Who presented themselves as the superior sonic clone in their introduction games

Metal Sonic
>Steals muh waifu and projections
>A race with shitty rap music (Based racist USA for changing it)
>2 boss themes only because based racist USA didn't like rap music in-game
>In a spinoff game as his debut

Mecha Sonic
>A boss fight in Eggman's machines. The wrecking ball from Sonic 1, and the metropolis zone boss from Sonic 2
>A boss one-to-one with Sonic and tails
>Sonic 3 boss theme which is already kino
>The FINAL boss with knuckles
>Literally kills the main antagonist eggman robot that has been antagonist knuckles for his boss intro
>Final boss theme from Sonic 3
>2nd phase fight with doomsday zone music
>Literally goes super
>3 boss themes
>In a main installment game for his debut

It is clear who the winner is

Attached: 1616378652675.png (576x599, 272.95K)

BASED MECHA GODNIC POSTER

It was clever in CD to make it a race but shit like Shadow already fills the same role of character who's just as fast/strong as Sonic but not Sonic.
I really liked how Metal was handled in SRB2. Pretty intense race to finish followed by a fun boss fight.

I love putting metal keks in their place.

Attached: 1631299429414.webm (1920x1080, 2.17M)

Why did Sega continue to shill Metal instead of Mecha Sonic? Nobody even had a Sega CD. Even Silver Sonic was more well known.

Cooler design, starred in the OVA and Sonic CD was also on PC so more people played it than just the ones who had Sega CD. Funny how Mecha now looks more like a metal version of Modern Sonic than the actual Metal Sonic.
Also has there been any kind of word of god to say Mecha isn't just some early incarnation of Metal?

Mecha Sonic got destroyed on Knuckles' story
Sure, Eggman could rebuild him, but it seems he cares more about Metal

Word of god says Silver Sonic (Mecha Sonic in Sonic 2 US) was the prototype for Mecha Sonic in 3K. My thought was that they had the same mind so it knew it wanted revenge.