What does Any Forums think of the art style for my Renpy game?

What does Any Forums think of the art style for my Renpy game?

I finally got myself a drawing tablet and tried to self taught myself how to draw in the past few months.

Attached: Untitled.png (552x979, 558.97K)

Looks cool. Kinda reminds me of a Suda51 game

Also, that's some sweet progress. Keep it up user!

looks aight

I really like it but I'd make the lips smaller, but that's just my personal gripe with it.

This is what the player looks like:

Attached: Untitled2.png (550x978, 468.93K)

I like the vertical presentation, and the art style is weird to me but intriguing.

Wait. THOSE ARE LIPS?

Attached: 1641317243547.jpg (342x342, 55.5K)

Looks soulful

Thanks for the motivation.
That’s because it’s a mobile game!
Yes.
Thanks, I’ll remember your post for my next drawings!

Reminds me of hotel dusk (good game with good art style) but I hate the Jojo art style

Looks fucking weird, but in a good and interesting way. UI could use some work though, it's boring and doesn't fit with the rest of the style. Game could also use a little more color, maybe make the backgrounds more colorfull to contrast with the greyscale characters. Anyway based as fuck that you're actually making a game, keep it up.

It looks like Hotel Dusk and Pablo Picasso had a baby
It's interesting to look at but the UI feels little drab compared to the art

i dont like the lips other than that looks cool

Nice game but why did you base the UI on those old demotivational ppster memes?

Attached: demotivators_picdump_10.jpg (700x560, 47.67K)

I based it on Shin Megami Tensei 1

Attached: 2.png (256x224, 3.44K)

You definitely need more Loomis, user. The front view of the Mysterious Man looks okayush enough but you art absolutely crumbles on that 3/4 of the player character.

Not sure how serious you are but here's the only real honest answer ITT:
People will say it "looks cool" because it's interesting and different, but it's not good enough to make a game out of, kinda like how people will say "cute" to any drawing with girlish features no matter how ass. The key to know if the comments are legit is that nobody can articulate why your work is "cute" or "looks cool". You can get by if you're making a super memey ironic game that youtubers play for 15 minute videos. It's a valid goal actually, you'll probably even make some money if it takes off, but if you're trying to make a real game, I suggest you stop developing for a while, work on your artstyle, then come back when you have a better understanding of the process as a whole, because despite what people say, there's absolutely 0 merit to have something done just for the sake of it. It's much better to lean, grow, aspire and then spend your time into developing a worthwhile project.

Attached: 1642453981122.jpg (316x475, 67.57K)

Lips.
Make them smaller.

I screenshoted your post and I'll keep it forever in my pc, thanks for your thoughts.

looks really weird at first glance
the lips absolutely HUGE and draw attention immediately.
apart from the lips tho, I think the faces are pretty cool, very stylized, hair on the two is pretty nice as well.
the body/shirt looks a bit weird, its like hes facing sideways and turning at me, its a very awkward position.

not really much to say if it can work as an artstyle off 2 characters tho imo.

I like it, but agree about the lips being a bit big.