Why didn't they replace Japan in the video game market like what was done elsewhere?

Why didn't they replace Japan in the video game market like what was done elsewhere?

Attached: 1024px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png (1024x683, 31.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zvC67kmYxPA
youtube.com/watch?v=4t8cMbYXdEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They have their own vidya market, it's just mostly consumed in Korea.
The only one that ever had success outside Korea was Gunz - TheDuel.

God i miss those times.

Attached: file.png (1000x566, 577.76K)

They took the mobile and mmo meme too hard and it ruined almost everything for them.

MapleStory too

They're nonexistent in the console market.

Also Grand Chase, they just released for Steam now, neat.

Attached: file.png (1200x630, 1.13M)

GunZ: Remastered when?

There was a female cult running the country for a while, and they made sure it didn't happen.

Japanese indie scene is inexistant so I guess Koreans are better in that regard

You can still play on private servers, maybe one day they'll do the same as Grand Chase and release on Steam.

Non-existent

Consoles are too expensive to own or sometimes flat out banned too I think, over there. PC and mobile gaming is all they really got. The irony is they actually had potential to have a really good PC market if they left the MMO scene alone. Koreans actually understand the PC market and what fans want better than Japan struggling just to port 1 game to the PC.

Attached: 1616151251532.jpg (773x580, 116.39K)

Nexon is the third most valued games company in the world.

>Consoles are too expensive to own
Yeah coz the modern PC's they use instead are so cheap.

I never heard of Gunz, but when I was a kid on the Japanese internet in the early 2000s, the big game everyone was clamouring over was Ragnarok Online.

Attached: 20030603-2213-995.jpg (780x520, 130.59K)

Ragnarok, Gunz and Grand Chase was the gook holy trinity back in the 2000's.

Gunz was fun as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=zvC67kmYxPA

Gravity made Arcturus which was such a big deal, it revived Falcom from its grave so they could continue with Ys and Trails. However, after Arcturus, Gravity made Ragnarok Online with the same engine, and that game made them filthy rich and also solved the piracy problem that was rampant in South Korea (China had its own piracy problem that was only solved recently with Steam and gacha games).

Attached: s022.png (609x763, 108.88K)

>Japanese indie scene is inexistant
what the fuck are you talking about?
who do you think makes the hundreds of doujin games?

Do they do anything else that isn't coomerbait?

The only Japanese attempt of genuine modding i ever were Uboa Maps on SvenCoop.

>flat out banned too I think, over there.
Who the fuck told you this?

There's a shit-ton of all age doujin games. The biggest one being the Touhou series by Zun.

If you are able to masturbate to Zun's art, then you deserve a medal and a handshake.

I remember reading that they have/had strict consoles laws over there which is why I said "I think".

This, there was no reason to butcher KuF like they did

That's what i said, they only do coomershit that are flavor of the month and then move to the next.

They had restrictions on when minors were able to access video games, typically just overnight hours and it wasn't just limited to consoles. The law was abandoned a year or two ago. They never "banned" anything. You must not think very often or well if you somehow reached this conclusion.

So exactly like the indie scene in the west? I have seen more threads with the indie menhera game than omori.

So this is coomershit to you?

Attached: 405cdd635e2fecf7bfd90262fad23994.png (128x245, 60.56K)

I can hear "Go! For the lost world"

I have heard they are bug people. Can anyone confirm?

>playing fifa with keyboard

Attached: 1620602517841.jpg (480x640, 12.42K)

TAKE ME BACK!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=4t8cMbYXdEw