Secret laboratory remodels

>Secret laboratory remodels
What went wrong?

Attached: 1634252144183.jpg (2048x1536, 151.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbkAZMIgIOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The original artist

This isn't real, right? Like this is just an exaggerated meme. It has to be.

they're shit but peanut is so much more fun now I don't care that much

Y-yeah it's a joke user! Just go on with your life.

Isn’t this fucker made of stone?

looks pretty good, i get why they wanted an original design

I still don't understand why they changed it in the first place.

I mean, I guess I understand, they probably aren't allowed to actually make money by using protected materials, but is that random japanese artist really that hung up about one of his statues that he absolutely refuses to merchandise it?

Same with the 682 picture, it wasn't even a fake picture, it was just a picture of a dead decomposing whale. And even in-universe it's not how 682 actually looks most of the time, yet they've gone and changed it.

Artist licensing, but you think they'd vet different redesigns instead of just picking another one immediately

Metal and wood in the text iirc

Better than that sponge motherfucker

>work on shit that you don't hold the copyright for
>oh shit *vomits on screen* now we do

Attached: nut.jpg (680x671, 77.78K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mbkAZMIgIOc

Wasn't it concrete ?

This whole thing is funny to me because while the peanut is definitely the most iconic image for 173, the first time I encountered it was a white line drawing of a cartoon monster with a big slasher smile that someone posted on /x/ before SCP was really a whole thing. I’m so fucking old that I remember a time when it was just text and people had different interpretations of what it looked like before we all settled on the peanut

>but is that random japanese artist really that hung up about one of his statues that he absolutely refuses to merchandise it?

Probably yes. Artists are already crazy, now imagine a Japanese hatred for gaijin.

Wasn't the entire point of SCPs that they were stories for random pictures found on the internet?

Yeah concrete is probably right

I've actually heard the artist actually appreciates the attention SCP brought to his work. But I'm not sure how the copyright stuff works for one off art works.

giving a shit about artist's wishes.

Reminder that the reason of
>it isn't creative commons
was just the public reason/excuse for changing him, the original artist Izumi himself wants it to stay. In reality it's the genuine troons in charge of SCP now that want to distance themselves from the roots of SCP which included this site.

>artist really that hung up
Yes. Artists are fucking shitters for this kind of stuff. It's amazing he even allowed the non-commercial use for so long in the first place.

My understanding is that he’s not really bothered by it with nom-commercial use but now that SCP is a whole media thing with lots of commercial products he wants to protect his intellectual property which is totally understandable

It’s one thing if little timmy and his friends want to use a picture of your work for their ghost story website, it’s another thing entirely when Kodansha or whatever starts snuffing around

Last I knew this was correct, but my SCP autism power levels are minuscule these days now that the SCP writers are now longer edgelords like myself. RCP isn't much better sadly.

Not really, a lot of SCP don't have pictures at all, even amongst the old guard.

The text was the most important part, the images were generally but not always included during the /x/ days.

173 is a special case besides, because it was the first, so it wasn’t really following any trend

They're getting rid of that design because the original image was taken from some Japanese artist's work from 2004. Because the original art was copyrighted, it made SCP Peanut impossible to merchandise and make fan content for.
There isn't going to be an official replacement design though.
The Japanese dude didn't order for it to be taken down, just that they don't profit off of his work, which is totally understandable. It was entirely the SCP Wiki's decision to remove it.

Attached: scp001.jpg (1024x768, 733.89K)

Basically what said Troons mad they can't build anything remotely iconic

Attached: 1640536333061.jpg (1024x575, 72.71K)

173 is very iconic so it's strange to see the change, I see why but it's sad really

-doesn't care.

Yeah modern SCP is garbage. All of the new articles are poorly written, overuse the new templates they have to try to make up for bad writing, and are full of memes
There is a literaly Trump SCP, a Robbie Rotten SCP, and a Homestuck Tumblr SCP, none of which are labelled as SCP-J
So much potential gone

Let's be honest. If you weren't accustomed to the peanut you would hate it too

I never understood why some people call Asians yellow until I saw this guy. Dude looks jaundiced.

Well he is about to get shot.

Why not just throw it in reverse and use any ol' statue, maybe an angel if you want to go balls deep in the Doctor Who knockoff. Or just make it as plain as possible.

Is Lady Justice anyone's intellectual property? Knock the scale and sword out of her hand and maybe add some edgy bleeding from her blindfold.

jomon blood

Attached: 5121032.jpg (500x525, 40.92K)

they want to create a donut steel oc dude

Good, Corona needs to end.