Mario Kart 8 DX

When I got my Switch, I got Super Mario Odyssey to go with it, forgoing Mario Kart 8 DX. I thought to myself, "surely Mario Kart 9 is just around the corner". That was 4 years ago.

Should I get Mario Kart 8 DX?

Attached: 1619872224264.jpg (1000x1000, 310.22K)

isn't it on sale atm?

This is waaaay better than MK9.

Why?

MK9 would probably be less than 30 tracks, for $60. Instead of 48 tracks for $25. The graphics would be exactly the same as MK8. Some people say "

>but i want a new gimmick!

but not every Mario Kart actually has a new gimmick, so that's not a given.

>I want new characters!

Other than weight, characters are glorified skins. They've got all the popular characters so I really don't care.

>I want new tracks not old ones!

These pretty much are new to 99% of players. A lot of them are coming from the cellphone game, which, like all bastardized cellphone garbage, doesn't even count as a real game IMO. Then you have one ms from GBA, which are not playable multiplayer otherwise, because nobody has a bunch of friends with GBAs and link cables. Etc...

mario kart 9 came out like 2 years ago mate. it was the one with rc cars with cameras

Actually, Tour is considered to be the 9th instalment.

well i don't since it's not available on nintendo machine afaik

They're quite literally porting MK Tour tracks into 8DX for the DLC.

If you asked this before the direct, I would've said no, get Crash Team Racing instead, it's better mechanically, more characters and cosmetic customization, better single-player content, more interesting bonus game modes like Ring Rally, and roughly the same number of tracks (39 vs MK8DX's 42)
After the announcement of the bonus tracks though, it's more debatable. If it were me personally, I'd wait until they launch Wave 2 to get it.

Attached: ctrnf.jpg (1089x613, 220.68K)

>CTR
absolutely yes
>CTR:NF
pffftttt HAHAHAHAAHA

>he was filtered by mario kart tour
nintentoddlers whine about this mobile game all the time despite being the only fair gacha on the market, as well as the only one without shitty bloated UI. it also has super fun gameplay and online. don't shit on the best MK game in a decade just because you couldn't pull Bus Driver Waluigi or some shit

Buy it.
I started playing it a few weeks ago and I play atleast an hour everyday. It’s fun as fuck and I’m excited for the 40 new maps or whatever.

Attached: 31C405DE-56F3-49C9-9112-F5E355A035CB.png (238x461, 111.3K)

The original CTR isn't on Switch, and Nitro Fueled is still a better value than MK8D

gay

NF's online is literally dead, and it sucks for local multiplayer on the switch port. It plays worse than the original game, too.

Do it, besides the memes MK8 is way better than it's supposed to be and (obviously) still mega active online

can you do splitscreen online in that? I'm only interested in 8 because my friend and I played a lot of that on wii

I played MK8 a shitload in 2015/16 on Wii U, but I want to play with the new tracks...Am I really gonna shell out ~60 bucks (base game on sale + DLC) for what is still the same game for the most part?

Play SRB2K or CTGP

Attached: 1624694771392.webm (1280x800, 2.95M)

ctgp sucks

>12-player races
>arguably the best selection of courses in a Mario Kart game
>new game modes
>CTGP has like 200+ tracks for free
how the fuck can MK8 compete?

Attached: 1623099994868.png (1260x602, 943.51K)

>>arguably the best selection of courses in a Mario Kart game
pure shitpost

Did you post this from a decade old blackberry?

>track selection is le bad.....ITS JUST BAD OK
is that the ONLY point you have on why CTGP "sucks"
GTFO of here my nigger

Attached: 1637399602732.jpg (480x360, 12.14K)

30fps
If you enjoy grinding