Discover pic related, because I ran out of JRPGs

>discover pic related, because I ran out of JRPGs
>in the middle of the game and it actually has a better story than any Japanese game I’ve played
>story ends and it’s one the coolest shit I’ve seen in a video game
>suddenly realize that I’ve wasted 1000 of hours in shitty JRPGs when I could’ve played this type of games
Any similar games to Planescape?

Attached: 20B643B7-EAE9-4733-8309-E1264EDE4B23.jpg (701x998, 147.04K)

no

Disco Elysium

It has a better story in the 2nd room than any Japanese game, you mean.

Arcanum.
It's my favorite game of all time.

Attached: arcanum.jpg (600x600, 179.78K)

Arcanum is nowhere as polished and good looking as PST, But still infinitely better and way more fun than PST
not that the 2 games are bad in anyway

Attached: 1641098359992.jpg (900x817, 163.29K)

I want to know who is the guy in the cover. I'd say is Avellone.

Neverwinter Nights 2's expansion Mask of the Betrayer is fairly close. I haven't found anything that truly matches PST's writing, scope and size though.

Honestly no.

Arcanum has a pretty bland story, not on par with pst

Play BG2, its really really good, honesty one of the best RPGs ever

Writing was 10 times more fun tho

Wrong

honestly? disco elysium is the closest thing that will ever come up to planescapes' greatness

correct actually

Disco Elysium was such a pleasant surprise.

Cringe

Not really.
Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale have the same combat with 100x more options, but not anywhere close to the degree of focus on the story.
Tides of Numenera is neat, looks really nice, but thematically it's way sloppy compared to Torment.
Disco Elysium, not even worth talking about despite what others may say.

Wrong actually

Trannies may dislike it, but as a Planescape Torment fan, I can tell you that Disco Elysium is the closest thing to Planescape.

There's literally nothing like it
You should definitely try KotOR 2 and Mask of the Betrayer since they are written by the same guy, they are quite good but not as good as Planescape

And of course Baldur's Gate 2/ IWD but those are more classic "go to dungeons and kill monsters" kind of games rather than focusing on dialogue like Planescape

Attached: updatedmyjournal.png (756x716, 38.98K)

Nothing.
They tried with Tides of Numenera, but it's not even close, very mediocre and boring.
Disco Elysium has a similar feel to it in terms of focus on writing and dialogue choices
Try other Avellone's game like kotor2 but nothing will hit like Planescape

No not really, and welcome to the purgatory that is finding rarely anyone ever that played this game or even knows about it.

It doesn't often get as high quality-wise as PST. Disco Elysium is its true spiritual successor though, so you should try it out.

persona 5 royal

This eternal wrpg vs jrpg shitflinging is so cringe. They have different strengths and vindicate different demands. Although I love PST I don't get from it some aspects I like in good JRPGs, and vice versa.

its one of the best games of the genre atleast story wise
you might have fun creating characters more specialized in the other dnd / newer pathfinder games but PST just nails it
bg1 sucks
bg 2 is fun then drags on
pillars of eternity 1 drags on
poe2 is wacky storywise, the fights are all way to ez, but the combat is kinda fun
if you wanna try the pathfinder games, I found wrath of the righteous more fun than kingmaker. aside from a few fights most difficulties shouldnt be to tough to figure out

George Ziets was the lead writer on MotB, iirc Avellone just did a couple companions. But regardless it's still the closest thing to PST.

Disco Elysium writing is fun, but falls far more often on self-indulgent style without substance than Planescape.

None. You could play some other games Avellone written (KoTOR 2) but at best they are at some times as good as Planescape Torment. All the "next Torment" games fell short.
You can play: KoTOR 2, Deus Ex, Arcanum and Bloodlines since the rest of western RPGs are either on par or below your average JRPG.

At least now you know why people look at you weird when youre over the age of 14 and admit to watching anime and playing jRPGs

NwN2 Mask of the Betrayer
Disco Elysium
Arcanum
Bloodlines

Is really no one going to defend JRPGs? Not a single post?