Massive disappointment that made you quit caring about new games for awhile

>Massive disappointment that made you quit caring about new games for awhile

What's her name Any Forums?

Attached: E7F430C5-0D07-4697-86CC-B29980681113.jpg (460x215, 22.88K)

You posted it. I still enjoyed it though, mostly

MGSV is kino though

Bioshock, Ken Levine is a fraud and a hack

Spore.
Mgsv.
Cyberpunk 2077.

The thing is, I still enjoyed all three.

Dark Souls II

I love MGSV but I don't really know the MGS story at all. It just had fun gameplay.
Cyberpunk was a pretty big letdown.

Attached: wtf.png (1038x640, 629.71K)

This user has it.

It's not that it's neccesarily a bad game, it has it's moments. It's just that the final product doesn't live up to the expectations that Kojima set with all of the years of previews of it.

Also the dumb jap could't even finish the story after 3 years and millions of dollars down the drain, not even close to being a feature complete game either, there's absolutely nothing to do in the overworld that even resembles fun outside of the main missions

Why allow yourself to be "hyped" for games?
Why not temper your expectations and keep them reasonable and SANE, so that if something comes out and is better than what you expected, you're extra happy, and if it comes out and is worse, you don't suffer too bad?
Why allow yourself to be swallowed into thinking a videogame is going to be the best fucking experience in your life the way some people do?

It's a huge letdown story wise, especially since the twist is so cheap and inconsequential

Anyone else remember that one Schizo MGS Youtuber that swore Big Boss was going to be Grey Fox in this game? It's kinda sad that his literally mentally ill musings were not that far off from what the actual game's plot went

Not pic related

We've all had our disappointment cherry popped at one point user.

You're really going to tell me there was never a game in your life you were excited for and didn't live up to your excitement when it came out? I sincerely doubt you've been this cynical your whole life.

Attached: 7DA4E8C3-0563-4471-AD99-DBCDA34A4308.jpg (500x500, 28.28K)

It's better than 4 and Death Stranding

Attached: 1626736761944.png (891x346, 49.41K)

Overwatch after the forced 2/2/2 patch.

No, not cynicism. If anything I consider myself more hopeful for new releases than most people, cynicism is a fucking blight upon this board.
I think that the game that disappointed me the most upon release was Sword of the Stars II, but I wouldn't call my disappointment in that case "massive". I don't know if that speaks of a healthy ability to temper expectations, or just low standards on my part, but I have definitely had cases where I end up the way people in this place seemingly do when their version of "THAT" game comes out and they realize that it is not, in fact, a miracle from heaven the way they expected all along.

MGSV ruined video games for me. nothing else has a story quite like it. death stranding was close but it wasn't war kino

Death Stranding.

7R

Attached: level design.png (248x410, 105.02K)

>MGSV made me stop getting excited for new games for a few years
>when I finally get over it, the next game I get excited for is Cyberpunk 2077

Attached: 1612402639190.jpg (498x656, 65.33K)