GTA’s remaster trilogy has ‘significantly exceeded expectations’ with up to 10m sales

oh no no no no
videogameschronicle.com/news/gtas-remaster-trilogy-has-significantly-exceeded-expectations-with-up-to-10m-sales/

Attached: gta.jpg (1134x452, 55.76K)

>Do the bare minimum
>Reap rewards
ezpz
Also, of CJ, Tommy and Claude, who is the best protagonist, and who's the most evil?

Best protagonist is CJ, most evil is Claude

meant for

Claude is the best for killing that shrill bitch Catalina. CJ should've killed her

It's Rockstar and GTA. Too big to fail.

>people saw how shit it was
>the media even reported on how shit it was
>reviews reflected how shit it was
>still sold 10M copies

Attached: 1635368603019.jpg (600x500, 35.9K)

thank you sir

Gamers are the ultimate consoomers, it's also more proof that twitter trannies and zoomer youtubers are literally irrelevant

None of those sales from me, and that's good enough for me

Claude never says anything, how is he evil?

If GTA 2 counts, then Claude Speed probably. I still think about the mission where you hijack buses or whatever to bring to a meat processing plant and the whatever gang it is make food out of people. Rockstar's not doing anything like that again any time soon, lmao

>could say they messed up but learnt from their mistakes for the future,
>nope, it has exceeded all expectations, everything is fine.
i would have lied too but it's sad to see companies going in full denial over a colossal fuck-up like this

Attached: 1625417659409.png (758x424, 60.91K)

its really sad isn't it?

Claude did that in GTA 3 too. Someone wants to get back at people by having Claude lure them to his dog food factory.

The mission is Hot Dog Homicide and it's a mission for the Russian mob.

I don't remember GTA 3 all that well. Is it civilians in that mission too?

Attached: ClaudeSpeed-GTA2.jpg (424x314, 52.17K)

good. now release rdr as a dlc campaign for rdr2

>it's also more proof that twitter trannies and zoomer youtubers are literally irrelevant

This is honestly a little comforting, the silver lining in a shit sandwich.
I mean it also makes sense, just look at how big the phone game market is, these are essentially the same level of graphics and gameplay, it's probably why it's so popular.

Yes I'm indirectly blaming pajeets for this one

>be hyped for game that tackles multiple genres at once (RTS,Mech,tower defense)
>game comes out, even on pass
>sells just around 300K
>devs still put in mod tools, promote other people's mods, already made a roadmap of free content, coop
>300K

>Rockstar
>gives its most important games to a studio that only did ports....for mobile
>laughed at since the trailer already showcasing the awful look, rife with bugs and looking awful
>10 million
vote with your wallet my ass

Attached: G4 new host.png (1200x1200, 797.35K)

When core game is good who gives a fuck for few glitches and graphics except jorunalistis and reddit retards

That's why he's evil, his complete lack of personality juxtaposed with him killing people make him out to be a cold blooded killer, especially since he kills an associate like Kenji, betraying Azuka who's the one that saved him from the mob and she dies without ever figuring it out, thinking it was the colombians that killed her brother

Most of these were obviously casual players with nostalgia for the games that don't follow gaming media and discourse and didn't know how shit it is. Any game or series that was big in the early to mid 2000's could be half-ass remastered like this and would still get big sales

He's just a mindless hitman.

So what? Most of people don't believe press and image boards and that's good thing

GTA 3 had the cut character called Darkel that would give out Rampage missions basically where you had to kill innocent civilians and cause mayhem
Claude is evil, no question about it

people just consoom.

this is the state of gaming, so long as the brand is big, a game will be guaranteed to move millions of units. releasing broken messes that require significant patching to get to a playable state has become the new norm for AAA devs, and the consumer keeps consuming.

Did they ever fix any of the issues with san andreas?

Normalfags don't care about any of that shit. They just see "NEW GTA™ HD BUY NOW" and go full consoom mode.

Attached: 1633113238860.gif (128x128, 9.58K)

I had to see for myself so I bought copies for myself and all my mates.

CJ can't be evil, he hates dope slingers and ran away because Brian's death fucked him up good.

Claude was just a classic blank slate video game protagonist, nothing to really analyze here

>up to 10m sales
isn't that less than 1/10th of what GTA5 did?

>Claims to take out the trash
>Actually makes even more trash
was he in the wrong?

Attached: Frank Tenpenny.png (566x785, 333.41K)

What game?

>Vote with your wallet!
>Vote for your future!
Clearly democracy works amirite?

What game

>Make a whole new game with several years of development needed
>Make 100 mil
vs
>poop out a turd in two weeks
>Make 10 mil
which is the biggest success, business-wise?

Alright voting with your wallet doesn’t work. What’s plan b?

Riftbreaker, but is a shame that it could apply to so many other games. I remember an interview with Cing, the developers of Hotel Dusk, saying that as long people bought the games they would make them, eh, I don't think the main people even work in vidya anymore.

GTA5 sells 10m+ every year despite being almost a decade old, I guess because it comes with GTA online

Claude kills anyone without any remorse, whether they have helped him in the past or not

It's 10 million sales, as in units sold, not 10 million dollars. The total value is much greater than that

I wouldn't be suprised if more than half of the sales are from people who never played the games before. Since there is no way to play old GTA games on current gen systems except for pc there's not really much of a choice unless you want to get a old console and buy discs and hope they are usable.

the one that is still selling millions of copies and making thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars on shark cards? not even sayig they sold bad but they could sell a little more polished and make A LOT more

I am entering schizo territory here, but
what if it is some kind of money laundering scheme?
Alternatively, with digital sales being a thing, could a company just print keys or whatever to have them being "bought" by their own bot farm to drive up the sale statistics but at the end make a profit through some kind of tax magic?