Steam Deck

Holy shit, there's an enormous amount of anti Steam Deck activity on this board over the past couple of days, but why? A lot of users and reviewers are actually pretty damn positive about it. To me, this device is clearly the best in its category. It runs games better than all the competition and it costs less. What's the problem here exactly? Help me understand.

Attached: SteamDeck.jpg (1280x720, 64.4K)

Linus said it has no competition, meaning not even the Switch is competitive. Tons of people on here bought a Switch and invested their idealogy and worldview on Nintendo worship, and now this is making them question their decision. Just like when anything disruptive comes in, denial is always the first step.

>no easy battery removal
doa lmao

Also no floppy drive! Oh how will people survive without useless dated features?

>Linus
Who?

I preordered just to flip it

We are a depressed group of people that can't get their hands on one and don't like having the money and still getting Blue balls.

Steamdeck is to PC what the Series S is to console gaming
The lowest common denominator that will hold back gaming for years to come

trannytendos are shaking in fear because people won't need to buy a switch anymore

I've noticed it too. A lot of butthurt.

I actually want one, I'm going to preorder the new Lego star wars game today, those games are designed for controllers so i assume that playing any of them would be a pretty good experience.

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. lmao

Attached: 1600765568584.jpg (1000x678, 114.54K)

The thing is comically huge.
Of course people will clown on it.

Based, the industry is going in the wrong direction anyway. If this device forces the industry back to Portal 2 style single player games then I'm all in.

I saw a picture of a Nintendo Switch alongside a Steam Deck and they were about the same size. The Nintendo Switch joycons were swapped out for superior controllers though. It's an issue that has been blown way out of proportion. smells like desperation to me

Obligatory

Attached: 1635618619567.webm (768x432, 2.73M)

It's made for people with superior genetics.

i want one but the forza rubber banding and the piss poor game compat are turning me off
probably gonna scalp it
what are the odds of this thing playing re4 far cry 3 gta v and classic shit like that
or like cod elder scrolls
so far theyve only showcased games like control or dmc 5
and indie shit
if this thing ends up being another sjw indie device im out
i have a switch and theres like 20 good games total on it
the exclusives are horrible and everything is overpriced
still fun to play snes and okami
i just hope the deck is good
kinda worried i should get a ps5 or a new graphics card cuz the 1070 is getting slightly old in new games
idk tho AAA doesnt seem to be optimizing at all these days

The only thing "wrong" with it is that there's no real exclusives for it, but even then with all the emulation possibilities right out of the box with the deck as well as the vast majority of steam games, it easily has the largest library of any portable console.

I wouldn't be surprised if far cry 3 has issues launching since it's ubishit and they make you go through their launcher even if you have it on steam

powered by RYZEN

Attached: 1602187120965.jpg (1051x1200, 179.25K)

The more a majority of people agree to the opinion that something is objectively more one way the more a collective of Any Forums will form a contrarian opinion to oppose it.
This is why Elden Ring and Steam Deck have huge shitposting campaigns bordering on schizophrenic hysteria. People will try their hardest not to conform with the majorities opinion even if evidence and research backs it up.

Attached: 1556029115572.gif (450x429, 2.19M)

because this board is filled with nintendies who for some reason can't stand a device that isn't made to compete with the switch
plus, engaging in console warrior activity is pure faggotry
these companies don't love you or care about you
they want your money
you'd think the console warrior faggots sucking off the switch would know that by now considering how much nintendo has fucked them over

The switch is still, imo, a great product. Especially the OLED Switch. Nintendo will never be dethroned when it comes to the portable market and I don’t think people will hold off from buying a switch in order to get a deck. I imagine a lot of people will own both.

I think the Deck looks really cool but I can't come up with a practical use case for myself personally. I'm a NEET shut-in who never leaves his PC, portability means nothing to me. Also the low battery life makes it a bit dubious as to whether it would be worth it for long trips and things like that, even if I did leave my house. I don't get it.

As if most anons on Any Forums shilling the Deck aren't just doing it out of bizarre spite for Nintendo.
I don't believe even half the people in this thread are actually going to buy it.

>Nintendo fans hate it because it wasn't made by Nintendo and it can emulate things
>Sony fans hate it because it brings up psp/vita 2 envy
>Microsoft fans hate it because it doesn't run windows and it has the potential to pengiunpill normies
>Linux fans hate it because proton means potenitally fewer native linux ports
>The boutique handheld pc market hates it because it just blown out everything else at half the price and killed their market
>everyone outside of the US/Europe hates it because it's not available yet
>v hates it because it plays video games

I admit that valvefags can be really vocal when it comes to praising the Deck.
But this device is really inoffensive. If you don't like it, just don't buy it. Why do people have such a hateboner for it?
It doesn't even compete with anything, not even Switch because Switch has exclusive (unless you count Switch emu but that is a given for any PCs, so even then I don't know why would nintendofags only complain now).

But they have completely different audiences.
The switch and the deck aren't competing

isnt steam deck supposed to be a pc with easy replacement, why are you moving goal posts decktard

You are being kind of hyperbole. Apart from Nintendofags I don't think anyone else really give a shit.

this tbqh. switch is for kids (and nips since theyre so jingoist) and switch is for pc nerds. besides valve simply couldnt produce enough decks to make adent on switches sales even if everyone on the planet wanted to buy the deck because the production capacity is cucked.

How often do you need to change your laptop battery? Or harddrive?

UMPC chinkoids not feeling well lately

Attached: 1628341883985.jpg (214x250, 9.37K)

Where is the deck assembled anyway? China?

and deck is for pc nerds*

No that will be my chinkpad.

>How often do you need to change your laptop battery?
With my experience with gaming laptops, you have to keep it plugged in all the time if you want to use the GPU.

Tendies shouldn’t be conscious since the strength of the switch are in its first party titled/exclusives.

china just like everything duh

>I don’t think people will hold off from buying a switch in order to get a deck.
I'm poor but wanted to save up money for switch, now i am saving it for steam deck

I'll finally play Genshin Impact if its both on Steam deck and if they add Geralt.

Attached: 1639320728973.jpg (933x902, 227.43K)

But geralt isn't an anime girl.

Aren't there boys in GI?

>A lot of users and reviewers are actually pretty damn positive about it.

jew gabe purchased good reviews, like he did with the controller, the fire, the vr & all the other failed valve hardware

They are not worth it.

>Genshin Impact
>Geralt.

Attached: e3f072ab05b9aa8974d0fce337624dc4.png (540x539, 249.48K)

how did the index fail? its still selling more than they can deliver