Game becomes completely ruined by pretentious indie dev trying to make something "deep"

>game becomes completely ruined by pretentious indie dev trying to make something "deep"

Inscryption is far from the only example, but it is easily my biggest disappointment last year. Thanks for ruining what could have been an amazing game, pony island shitter

Attached: inscryption.jpg (1300x731, 79.7K)

I liked it.

Attached: 20211023172156_1.jpg (1920x1080, 138.41K)

>he didn't play kaycee's mod expansion

Why didn't she delete the Old Data instead of the entire world EXCEPT the Old Data?

Attached: frodo.png (400x399, 213.79K)

The mystery behind this game is making my mind race
I still haven't played it and every review I saw said the least you know the better so I'm looking forward to it

That they released the Kaycee mod after the fact shows that they know people only really liked the card game aspect of it.

I'm sorry you didn't watch the trailer for the game that clearly showed the other takes on digital card game. It must be difficult being so impatient with your purchases.

just stop playing after you escape the cabin
it's no longer fun after that
if you only play up until that point its a good game

Literally every Game of the Year award says otherwise.

GOTY is an empty title.

You can't delete Old Data

>goty awards meaning anything
Here's your (you), retard.

So is the opinion of someone on Any Forums

The mystery cabin stuff was also pretty cool, it's all that forced meta bullshit afterwards that ruined it.

Found footage horror isn't meta

I haven't. Does it turn it into it's own standalone game, lasting a decent length, or does it just give you a gameplay loop?

Something tells me kaycee mod doesn't add new mechanics, new cards, new elements to the "escape room" aspect of the cabin, new dialogue and plot to make the cabin a self contained story, etc.

All of this could have been possible if they made act 1 its own thing instead of going up their own ass with 4th wall breaking meta twists.

heaven forbid someone makes something with some meaning behind it

What’s bad about it? My brother says it’s one of the best games he’s played in 2021 and said it’s D&D told through MTG with a serial killer for a DM. Sounds neat.

11/10 card game that turns into an absolute slog of a shitty GBA card game RPG once you "beat" it. Still haven't gone back to it because of how much worse the mechanics become.

It never breaks the 4th wall. You are always playing as the man from the footage. I'm sorry you couldn't follow the plot and thought 'epic-post-modern'

Next you'll say its Kafkaesque

your bro is a cock sucking faggot

Everyone agrees that the Leshy part of the game was the highlight. It's why it got so much traction to begin with. The rest of the mystery after the setup was where it begins falling off.

Attached: 0c8d08b31d80348620524715131b8331.jpg (1014x873, 109.02K)

>Everyone agrees that the Leshy part of the game was the highlight. It's why it got so much traction to begin with. The rest of the mystery after the setup was where it begins falling off.
False.

I don't think the Act 1 game holds up as a rougelike meant to be played forever, again and again. Eventually the mechanics are made to snowball where you'll inevitably be making cards so good there's no way you won't win.

Roguelike players need to calm the fuck down. Go play another five hundred hours of Binding of Isaac and get your dopamine hits there.

Attached: tacoblizzard.jpg (1152x1536, 370.49K)

Look at this guy who got filtered by GBC tag homage. The rest of the game is fine you just picked a bad starter deck and got savaged trying to run leshys game still.

While I was enjoying the game, still in the first part of the game, I haven't gone back to it after it kept forcefully stopping my runs. It was cute when on the tutorial run the eyes went red and TOO SOON happened followed by infinite grizzlies in every lane, but I was super disappointed that this will keep happening as you're only supposed to get one area further in subsequent runs.

>TOO SOON
>start next run and get one area further
>TOO SOON
>had scissors prepared so I killed one of the grizzlies which let a splitter unit and a regular unit do enough damage to win
>get to go through the next area and beat boss
>TOO SOON again

I thought the game was pretty cool, but I absolutely hate that it keeps hamstringing my play because it wants me to enjoy a strict narrative experience.

Without spoiling too much
When you beat the card game rpg section, it shifts back to another 3d section like the cabin but with one of the animals/other keepers in control

Yea I cant stand the retarded idea of "oh well you're playing as this guy we literally video taped in real life". The developer must be retarded using what I assume is himself as a stand in for what a player is supposed to normally self insert. And the weird 2d shit as well just feels like he wanted to expand on it and have 2 of the 4 masters with their own lenny like area but was too lazy to make them so he decided to go with some retarded pixel shit and not bother mentioning that in any trailers because he KNEW it would hinder sales

Thanks for the pointless semantics deflection, it does nothing to make me like this shitty pony island sequel any more than if they made an actual normal game that fucking gripped me hard and then left me with blue balls.