Profits ruined gaming

Far Cry 2 -
>released in 2007
>to this day has the best fire physics in any game
>enemies clutch their wounds and can survive being shot, their buddies will drag them into cover
>immersive atmosphere and mechanics, no necessary HUD except health bar, in game physical map
>gruesome healing animations which add tension to combat, along with the ever present fear of a malaria attack
>unique African setting, barely seen in any other game
>story kinda sucks but it's not really the focus, used more as an excuse for you to have fun in the world
>limited but meaningful choices regarding the buddy system
>9/10 pure unadulterated gaming kino

Far Cry 5 -
>released in 2018
>fire physics significantly nerfed
>enemies flop to the ground like jittering mannequins when shot, buddies can revive them sometimes but that's it
>extremely over-populated version of rural Montana, cultists and citizens every 10 feet, sometimes right next to each other without even noticing
>backtrack to semi-minimal HUD but still overly reliant on mission markers and menus
>most basic possible healing system along with superfluous crafting mechanics rendered pointless by certain perks
>MICROTRANSACTIONS and shit, unfinished DLC
>story that thinks it's a kino masterpiece with charismatic villains but actually is just kind of obnoxious and boring, takes too much focus away from the already mediocre gameplay and forces you into missions when you don't want it
>very few choices, all gimmicky and pointless, buddy system is cool in theory but mostly they are totally useless in combat
>unique but uninteresting setting, harder to believe this would be going down in the US than some third world backwater
>4/10 barely serviceable but just engaging enough to be somewhat playable

Games these days are in such a sad state, no matter how pretty the graphics or big the map, they always just feel unfinished and amateurish, all because they're designed to make a quick buck and that's it.
I want real games back :(

Attached: 0000004527.1920x1080.jpg (1024x527, 174.37K)

Maybe stop playing ubishit games
Fpbp
/thread

The profit motive ruins literally everything. Also stop playing Ubisoft, go emulate BotW or something instead

I replay FC2 every year. Great game.

Attached: 1640293318469.jpg (546x662, 41.88K)

>>unique African setting, barely seen in any other game
Really wish more games used Africa as a setting, but because people get their panties in a twist if a black person is ever portrayed in a negative light we'll never get one anytime soon

>to this day has the best fire physics in any game
first point and already wrong
BotW

black are just in south African

Far Cry 2 was without doubt one of the most boring, devoid of life and soul, terrible FPSs I've ever played.
What the fuck.

based gato

no you don't because it was boring trash

it's 100% a console shooter. it is WAY too easy on pc and therefore boring
t. person who loved it when it came out but dropped it half way through when i bought it on pc

Did anybody feel like there was something off about the voice acting in Far Cry 2? Like nobody was taking a fucking breath between sentences?

>nothing about gameplay because it is shit
>BUT MUH FIRE
kek

I don't really like Far Cry 2, but since reddit doesn't like it, I claim to love it when I post on Any Forums.

>real games
>uses a techdemo as example
You ok?

Dylan's mod + no quicksaves is kino as fuck.

The Jackal is also a pretty underrated villain. His tapes are great but they should shave been woven into the story.

>far cry 2
>one of the worst games ever made with dogshit core gameplay and a ton of irrelevant gimmicks set in a sepia hellscape
reddit loves far cry 2, crowbcat can't stop cooming over it

FC2 is mediocre boredom spammed here by pretentious midtwits to get heckin based 4chinz points, FC5 is 10 times more fun than this brown trash

FC2 got panned into the fucking ground not only by reviewers but by this very site so fuck off you revisionist cuntrag. Literally no one liked the healing animations and negative numbers of poeple liked malaria.

Yeah, it's especially noticeable in the first cutscene with The Jackal, it's really weird.

games have always been profit based and you are a complete mental genetic dead end if you believe anything else otherwise.

Far cry 2 is not THAT good, its pretty repetitive but it is soulful and can be fun
far cry 5 Ill have to agree that is kinda boring

>go to shoot gun
>jams
>randomly die to malaria
fun game OP

Those bits are at least avoidable. What you can't avoid is every mission being exactly the same, and the every respawning enemy checkpoints, and the tedious commute back and forth across the map to get missions

Despite what everyone says, I actually enjoyed the weapon degradation in FC2.

FC2 notoriously used sped up audio to reduce its size because consolfags. The audio was played back slower to make it sound normal.