What are the chances that we will get a new mystery dungeon game?

What are the chances that we will get a new mystery dungeon game?
I miss this series so much

Attached: artworks-000147003053-r8oovg-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 91.52K)

Definitely not this generation. Gen 9 is already on the horizon.

Near Zero

its been 6 years since super mystery dungeon.

The remakes were good, SMD sucked even harder than GTI though

Every Pokémon mystery dungeon game has been a flop. Just give up. It’s not happening. Chunsoft is too busy making fucking Chocobo Mystery dungeon

nah
and gates had the best cast of characters in a pmd game even if the gameplay had way too much shit ripped out of it

which one is the most fun?

Sky

Super was a fine game
But the fact that it didn't have a Kingdom Hearts tier story about DARKNESS made autists not attracted to it

play sky, super, or the remakes

bro? the story in super was literally about the culmination of a world's negative emotions trying to undo reality and defeating it with the power of friendship a complete rehash of the plot in Gates, but still how much more KH can you get

But the problem with super is that it has a kingdom hearts tier story about DARKNESS

>partner was mew all along
>final boss is mega destruction dark ball of darkness and destruction
>FRIENDSHIP

I really hope we don't go 3 generations without a new PMD. I'd have loved to have one in gen 7 with all the fun designs they made back then. And we need new music, PMD has far and away the best OSTs of the franchise

Attached: 1631456663146.png (208x243, 122.33K)

I can't find it so you'll just have to take my word for it but there was an interview awhile back around the time Super was coming out where Spike Chunsoft flat out admitted they had run out of Ideas for PMD and honestly Super really demonstrates that well.
It also explains why we got RRTDX instead of a new game.

My main problems with super were that the final boss is just a rehash of Gates and how even in post game Pokemon still go on vacation or whatever so you can't use them on missions.
Also, they dropped the mysteriosity effect gates had which was a pretty neat gimmick.

Hopefully,0
Look,the first was great and the second was amazing,but after that...it's all downhill
and I can't see the next one to get any better

Also I really don't want any MD thread filled with dexcut fuckers (and they gonna dexcut,you can bet on it)

I think they just need to step away from universe-ending eldritch beings or similar effects as their big bads. The original PMD was based around stopping a meteor destroying the planet and everything else since has been "all life in the universe as we know it will end" stakes

honestly can't we just have a plot centered around something less big. you could even drop the protag being a human thing if you really wanted to, but if you had to keep it you could just have them fall into the pokemon world incidentally, rather than them being summoned as part of a grand scheme to save the universe

Attached: 1496833573015.png (640x480, 241.98K)

Gates had so much shit that got left on the cutting room floor.
It feels like the game could've been on the level of the previous entry with another year to bake because that same quality in the main campaign is there, and the entire paradise building mechanic seems like it would make more sense if the game had a sky/rrt style expanded endgame to use it with since you can't really build much by the time the game ends, and there is also the weird cut shit people found on the eshop CDN too.

It clearly had to be rushed out the door before gen6 was announced, it feels like the game was originally intended to have more stuff but they just didn't have the time.

>you could even drop the protag being a human thing if you really wanted to
It's never really been relevant to the story, the only reason it's there is to be a meta statement about how the protagonist is literally (You).

and to turn a generation of kids into furries

Attached: 1471623945476.png (382x236, 19.31K)

Without something big,the ending will feel "boring" to most
I do agree that getting another "non-pokemon final boss that want to end pokemanity would be boring,but it still need to be a real threat

explorers' plot was fine, you're grovyle's buddy from the future instead of some godly force. didn't hate the time gears either, paralysing the planet is arguably less bad than a meteor.
if they should step away from anything, it's the dumbass twist villain narrative as it's almost disney tier with how often they pull that shit.
maybe cut the "player leaves at the end" schtick as well, i think after super's twist ending it's a great time to retire it

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: Major skill issue.gif (400x225, 3.79M)

I really liked the emera looplet system in SMD. SMD was designed for strategically using items over attacking compared to other PMD games

>Every Pokémon mystery dungeon game has been a flop

DX sold very well for a low budget remake of a 15 year old game. Chocobo was just a HD port. I've played chocobo and it's okay. But the ai "buddy" that follows you is completely retarded, worse than the ai partners from the original rescue team games.

>SMD was designed for strategically using items over attacking compared to other PMD games
this makes the skylets seeth, along with "why isn't the default A button attack comparable with my actual moves"

>The environment of a rushed 3DS game looks about on par with Legends Arceus
>The Skybox looks way better
You can't make this shit up.

SMDs balance is kinda fucked though because it's balanced around using items but the items in SMD are so insanely overpowered compared to previous games that if you actually play the way it wants you to then it's the easiest game in the series by a fucking mile.