I bought a switch and a bunch of games and I’m having fun… but every time I touch an analog stick in the back of my...

I bought a switch and a bunch of games and I’m having fun… but every time I touch an analog stick in the back of my mind I’m actively aware that I’m decreasing it’s durability.

How long do I actually have before the drift starts?
It’s eating at my brain, like every hunt in mh rise is using up part of the resource that is my functioning left analog stick and I’m left awake at night wondering how long until I have to shell out $$$ for a new controller.

It’s like psychological torment.
Imagining giving a kid a balloon and telling them that the more they enjoy it, the sooner it will pop..

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.72M)

Just use the cardboard fix.

Just get a pro controller. It will let you forever and it’s a MUCH better experience

I think you’re autistic user. My first pair of joy cons did get drift after a few months. But my second pair has been going strong for 2+ years with 0 issues.

You use them without fear, when the drift appears you either try the memecardboard or just replace the joystick, both are easy as fuck, one is free, the other one is cheap
And get a pro controller for when you play docked

why the fuck would anyone not play mhrise on pc lmao

Nintendo will never admit it publicly because a class action lawsuit would rape them but they have quietly fixed the joy con drift. All models from around 2020 or have a drastically less chance of getting drift.

>How long do I actually have before the drift starts?
mine took 2 years. and it still just happens at random.

they already did in 2019 retard.

>console thread
>but muh pc
Every single thread, every single time. For people who supposedly have so many games, you PCvegans seem to spend more time worrying about what console players are doing than playing your alleged games.

It will happen
Use the paper trick when it does, and if that doesn't hold up you can buy replacement analogs

Already did what? Admit it? Because they still maintain that joycon drift is not a “significant or widespread issue”. Or do you mean they already fixed it in 2019? Because if so, wow you got me user!!!!! Misremembering what year it was totally changes the core point of my post!

Source that they actually fixed it?
The main reason I never bought one of these things was because of the shitty Joystick life expectancy.

I'm glad you're having fun . I got my switch a week ago and I'm not enjoying it at all. I thought comfy handheld in bed gaming would be nice, but I can't get used to the controller. I'll probably sell it.

Reminder that using anything is decreasing its durability. You have options though. You can get a pro controller for docked play, Hori Split Pad Pro for handheld play, and you can always buy replacement joycon sticks online. Stop worrying about it.

Seethe

Admit it

basically this, the only time i take my switch out of the dock is to watch videos on youtube. Otherwise i use my pro controller 24/7. You're better off just leaving it in there and getting a real controller. The joycons are ass and anyone defending them is a literal shill. Even the most braindead fans know in the back of their mind the joycons are an abortion.

I love the joycons, but keep seeing snoy shill

I fixed the drift on mine with contact spray. Started drifting after 2 years, blasted some contact spray on it and havent had a problem for about 1.5 years.

Maybe it starts drifting for various causes but it seems like mine just had dirt on the censors or whatever.

>it’s a MUCH better experience
Retarded opinion. Solo joycon (especially the + one) is the best controller for a lot of switch games.

Don't do this unless you want increase the rate of wear on the left stick. It doesn't work for all cases and isn't applicable to the right Joy-con at all due to a different assembly (no screws on the retainer).
Play normally. Avoid leaving your Joy-cons in places prone to dust/debris build up and don't be aggressive with the sticks. You should get a nice long life-span out of the analog modules. When or if drift comes along, use Contact cleaner under the flap of the relevant stick while the Joy-con is off and swivel it to help displace the debris from the conductive pads and the pronged contacts. If you eventually end up having to replace the stick, you'll find that it's a relatively cheap and easy repair.

Yes, analog modules have a rated cyclical life, but they don't necessarily fail at that rated point either. You should stop thinking about the expendability and deal with the issues as they come up instead of being overwhelmed by the fear mongering from start to finish.