Does Capcom even make enough money that Microsoft would want to buy them?

Does Capcom even make enough money that Microsoft would want to buy them?

Attached: WCCFcapcom1.jpg (1280x720, 556.16K)

Monster hunter rise was the best selling game in japan last year and the RE series seems to be doing well so maybe.

>Monster hunter rise
yeah the monster hunter series seems to be a crazy success. RE I think barely makes enough money, you can tell Capcom is cutting corners with every resident evil piece of media since RE7. But aside from those 2 none of there games really sell much. Maybe that's the best time to buy

It's not about making a lot of money, but making more money than what they're worth

How does that work if Sony bought out the rights to street fighter?

didn't SF5 and DMC5 do decently enough?

DMCV sold like 5 mill altogether

>didn't SF5 and DMC5 do decently enough?
DMC5 sold worse than most movie games, barley sold more then the last two dmcs even though its like a fusion of the two. Usually sony style movie games sell way more than the big fighting games and DMC5 sold worse than all of the above

SF5 definitely didn't make shit. Sold double what SF4 did but that wasn't shit either

Microsoft buying them would probably piss off the Japanese. I'd rather seen use the current studios.

>DMCV sold like 5 mill altogether
no DMC5 still hasnt sold 5 million in 3 years

>Microsoft buying them would probably piss off the Japanese.
Capcom works with Microsoft more than any other Japanese company does. Capcom and Microsoft have acted like best friends for 15 years. Capcom games haven't had a Japanese protagonist in like 25 years

I really hate how consolefags are actively rooting for consolidation and for their favorite company to want a monopoly because muh consolewars.

alright, i just vaguely remember hearing they sold pretty well but maybe only in the perspective of "they sold better in their respective series"

this could honestly save both capcom and microsoft's studios

Attached: mrs.redfield.gif (268x300, 1.9M)

I don't see why they would want to.
>mrs redfield
Too bad Sheva, Chris is bouldersexual

>alright, i just vaguely remember hearing they sold pretty well but maybe only in the perspective of "they sold better in their respective series"
that isn't saying much DMC5 barely sold what DMC4+SE or DmC+DE sold, like it did technically out sell the last two DMC releases but it wasn't a game changer by any means, it seems like if they didn't reuse so much REmake tech in DMC5 they wouldn't have made that much money back. It's unclear if capcom made much money back on DMC5 right now considering DMC5 is filled with micro-transactions and capcom released the special edition in just a few month

Attached: jyyffhnnkoiuy.jpg (259x194, 7.1K)

>I don't see why they would want to.
I don't think microsoft would want to. Unless they we really trying to break into the Asian online market, with Monster Hunter world. The RE media already looks like it's catering to the microsoft market, DMC5 looks that way too

What makes Capcom valuable is that they own Monster Hunter which is edgy Pokemon sort of speak that is.

And Capcom owns some very varied and nice properties that would be excellent to have under one umbrella. That is what makes them worth a damn.

It shouldn't, Microsoft's current strategy is to buy and immediately recoup wasted cash by keeping the game series they acquired as multiplat. I think that what they want to do is first ensure they get their money back and THEN is when they will pull the exclusivity.

>And Capcom owns some very varied and nice properties that would be excellent to have
not really but I'm curious if Phoenix Wright being a DS series might make the buy out a problem. Does Microsoft even have a mobile platform to put Phoenix Wright on?

Capcom make decent money, but the vast majority of Capcom sales are on Playstation and PC with Xbox making up often as little at 5-10% of Capcom sales.

Buying and making Capcom games Xbox exclusive would be a great way to kill Capcom.

I want a monopoly because I want gamers of all type be they hardcore or normies to fucking suffer. I want them all the get abused, ripped off, and scammed by a monopoly. Gamers in general are stupid and DO deserve it.

>DMC5 barely sold what DMC4+SE
I fucking hate Any Forums so goddamn much. DMC4 was sitting at 3 million for literal years, until SE, which also surpassed 1 million, only few years after release.
Not to mention there's 5SE, which according to Capcom, sells well.

SFV is the second best selling SF in the series.

>It shouldn't, Microsoft's current strategy is to buy and immediately recoup wasted cash by keeping the game series they acquired as multiplat. I think that what they want to do is first ensure they get their money back and THEN is when they will pull the exclusivity.
Yeah I think it's similar to how DMC5's demo was a timed microsoft exclusive. DMC5 even had US commercials. I think like half of Capcom's audience right now is Americans or those overseas. I think Ca[com would've went under years ago if it wasn't for their global market. I'd be super interested to see what Capcom would do with Fable if Microsoft let them

Attached: e809c1f0d725d24f964d15127cfb33ae.jpg (660x800, 64.81K)

SF4 sold 9.4 million copies, do the math.

>but the vast majority of Capcom sales are on Playstation and PC
Good think Microsoft is a PC making company. Every capcom game that was a Playstation exclusive bombed sales wise. Capcom has been catering to the PC crowd for half a decade by now

>Buying and making Capcom games Xbox exclusive would be a great way to kill Capcom.

Microsoft will never make games Xbox exclusive again, they can make every game multiplat because they make computers primarily

>9.4
meant to say 9.2 million copies

Microsoft if I remember correctly sells a special add on for mobile phones so that you can use it like a controller for mobile phone games. Maybe that's how Phoenix Wright can continue to get games through a Microsoft device.

>I really hate how consolefags are actively rooting for consolidation and for their favorite company to want a monopoly because muh consolewars.
>I want a monopoly because I want gamers of all type be they hardcore or normies to fucking suffer. I want them all the get abused, ripped off, and scammed by a monopoly. Gamers in general are stupid and DO deserve it.

you losers are projecting so hard its pathetic as fuck. Capcom barely makes enough money to stay in business. If Microsoft bought them they wouldn't have a monopoly on anything by any means. This thread is specifically about capcom

Of course, unlike Nintendo Capcom understands that the whole stationary console will be gone within the next ten to fifteen years. Graphics will be perfected completely from now until then. This is why Capcom is getting buddy buddy with computers.

That's why Nintendo has a glorified handheld piece of trash to pretend to be stand out and unique while charging full price for ancient games and having the shittiest online along with other failings.

>DMC4 was sitting at 3 million for literal years
No DMC4 was sitting at 2.6 million for literal years, only hit 3 million after the SE came out. Yes even though the SE sales are counted seperately, the vanilla version got another sales bumb. Also DMC4SE was being stockpiled by pay pigs hard to try to convince capcom to make DmC un-canon, it only really convinced capcom to add micro transactions though.

>Not to mention there's 5SE, which according to Capcom, sells well.
which means nothing because capcom won't post it's sales (just implies it's under 1 million)

Attached: operation crazy.jpg (960x540, 211.7K)

>SFV is the second best selling SF in the series.
>SF4 sold 9.4 million copies, do the math.
>meant to say 9.2 million copies
guys SF4 only sold 3.4 million copies

DMC4SE appeared for the first time on the list by the end of 2019.
Entire series got a sale boost since DMC5 announcement, which is something Capcom mentioned itself in one of the reports.
DMC4 has been sitting on 3 million since 2015, which was before 4SE.

Attached: 2019 4.png (1920x4494, 683.26K)