Final Fantasy XV Thread

Let's unleash all the praises and criticisms

Attached: hj71rb82navx.png (1754x1062, 1.99M)

Barry, why do you defend this game?

much better game than the gay mmo of yoshitpiss also the best final fantasy of the 21st century

Why do people speculate about Versus XIII so much?

Attached: 1641626275288.jpg (2000x1507, 789.57K)

>split the game into 5 parts
>It's bad
WTF WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

It sucks. You can tell Nomura worked on it since it's all style and no substance

base game
animated series
CGI movie
DLCs
mobile games
Square-Enix loves to milk Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts

I've never seen a JRPG have so much money and hype put into it only for it to be so bad.

High budget makes the companies desperate to appeal to everyone and nobody at the same time. It makes them go into shill survival mode to make up for the spending.

If you still play new final fantasy games you have a problem

It's interesting to see what could have been mostly. Versus XIII looked so cool and different

>Final Fantasy XV Thread

Attached: 1506213237580.gif (245x280, 1.3M)

When did the quality of Final Fantasy games start to drop? The answer that stood out to me is starting from FF12 and onward, supposedly FF10 is the last great FF game

In case a squeenix conscript is viewing this thread, RELEASE AN ULTIMATE EDITION WHERE EVERYTHING IS A COHERENT GAME

FF12 was the final form of FF games. Ff13 was a rehash

Square-Enix could've released an FF13 collection for the PS4 and PS5

thats some low hanging fruit considering Nomura was responsible for the overall look before having the project yanked away from him and given to a layman of a director and lapdog of the suits

I was talking about ff15 you mong

Only good FF

A good game, bordering on very good.
Understandably though it gets a lot of hate because it could (and should) have been an all time great. All the pieces were there, and you can tell what it was meant to be. So frustrating.
Still love fishing tho

it could've been great, if they hadn't fucked up almost every single thing about it in some way. All the little issues just keep adding up and up, and it becomes unenjoyable. Who the fuck puts Magic, a FF staple, behind crafted consumables? Why were the summons handled like absolute garbage with esoteric conditions that don't trigger 90% of the time? Why can the combat be boiled down to literally "hold X and press forward"?

I enjoyed the interactions with the bros. They were a good dynamic. But fuck, everything around that, from the snails pacing to the horribly unfinished story, killed it. It took a fucking book released way later to reveal that Bahamut was the reason everything was so shit. Not Arden, not DARKNESS or CHAOS, or anything else. Fucking Bahamut, the summon that you THOUGHT was a good guy in the game.

I mean, the dlc about Ardyn refreshed that. But your point remains.

>Let's unleash all the praises

I like how you can see the Chocobo ranch from Lestallum. That's about it.

Does this game still have the loading screen explaining that Ardyn made Prompto look like him to confuse Noctis on the train level?