Who the fuck thought it was ok to add Lives to this game

Who the fuck thought it was ok to add Lives to this game

Attached: viewtiful-joe-gamecube-front-cover.jpg (800x1128, 332.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mUh3umNb4cM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you can thank, or blame , Hackiyma in this case, a man who has never made a single good game.

Attached: chadergil.jpg (1024x576, 109.76K)

I actually think Viewtiful Joe is fun so far I just think that lives are a retarded inclusion in an action game. I guess DMC had the Yellow Orbs though

>WHAT THE FUCK A GAME ABOUT A RETRO-LOVING NERD HAS LIVES?!?

Me. I'm John Clover and I added lives specifically to ruin your experience almost twenty years after its release.

its too hard

the same person who thought it was ok to make the helicopter literally impossible so that i would have to lower the difficulty and feel condescended

It's bizzare since you don't even need them after your first playthrough.
Not even journalists at the time got stuck on the helicopter.

Attached: 1540682668228.jpg (460x460, 45.85K)

VJ isn't even a hard game dude. It's difficulty is perfect and you get cool characters for beating the harder modes.

The helicopter's way too fucking hard for a first boss but I just beat the two helicopters so I think it gets easier with practice. Just reflect his stupid fucking bullets at him in a geometrically-impossible way so the stupid fuckface piece of shit doesn't speed right past them

>stupid fuckface piece of shit

Attached: gargling franky.jpg (272x259, 23.93K)

JUST GO FOR IT!

VJ is his best game though. No QTEs and mercifully only one shitty shmup level. The final boss is some motherfucking bullshit however.

well yeah the helicopter was pretty easy on kids and so was the rest of the game until the fire lord but I still don't even know if kids was supposed to be normal or easy mode and I never had the chance to replay it since it was a borrowed copy.

But that's literally DMC1. VJ would've benefitted from more shmup levels, sidescrolling is much better than third-person shit like DMC, Bayo, and W101

I'd say Gran Bruce is the real difficulty spike, even on kids.

W101 > VJ > Okami > RE2 > DMC > Bayonetta
desu

I've yet to play Okami but this is generally how I feel about his games, oddly enough.

extremely based taste

>bayonetta not at the top

Attached: 1619336904093.png (920x688, 958.25K)

I'd shift RE2 and DMC up and move Okami to above Bayo. Based otherwise.

Joe's bosses are a bit meh on the whole (King's Blue's retarded health pool on Ultra V-Rated being the lowlight) and I might even argue it's the game where Kamiya lost the plot with them and never recovered. I still keep a save handy to re-fight Nelo Angelo 3 if I feel like it and I dunno if there's any I'd do that for in his subsequent games.

I think Vorkken's a really fun fight in W101
Jeringha's a good final boss too, maybe nothing special in terms of gameplay but really really hype

youtube.com/watch?v=mUh3umNb4cM
>eat a burger
>gain life
America is something else.

Why are you a whiny bitch?

This one is better than the other game.

>what should we do for the penultimate stage?
>uhhhhh half-assed boss gauntlet

I will never understand the love for Okami. No Zelda game held your hand that hard until fucking Skyward Sword.

2 was fine, but felt like a rehash with some extra hidden bits. Shame about the cut co-op.
Boss rushes are kino.

endgame boss gauntlets are one of my pet peeves. that shit ruined metal storm for me. i even hate it in mega man.