Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons

Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons
Quite literally the most soulless content in any Souls game. Randomly generated dungeons where sometimes you have gigantic rooms with a few enemies or sometimes small rooms with a few enemies. Then a random boss in the end.
You also have to grind for the materials to start these random dungeons as well, you can't just fire it up for some random casual adventuring either.

Attached: pthumeru_chalice.png (220x221, 43.41K)

I like them

Same

I can't believe more people don't see chalice dungeons as OP has described it.
Bloodborne is an otherwise fantastic game, but the STRUCTURE of chalice dungeons is absolute garbage.

you know you can do false depths right OP?

They are some fun little adventuring in addition to the main game but really lackluster after reading so much praise about them. And indeed the structure of them, absolute horseshit at times. You have to backtrack and climb ladders and walk through meaningless halls that have two or three weak enemies in them, maybe even a witch ringing a bell. Then if you are lucky you get a Snatcher and a treasure chest and in the chest, there's 3x Bone Marrow Ash. Wow!

Yharnam's one of the coolest bosses in the game and it's sad that so many didn't even reach her because they got filtered by chalices

Locking her behind the chalice dungeons was a stupid decision, that said I did get to her eventually and finally plat'd the game.
I love Zullie's chalices though.

OP here i'm trans btw if that matters

I'm actually pretty new to these, what is that?

Only reason why I don't have the platinum. I don't get how I get so sleepy at chalice dungeons but found bitterblack isle to be kino.

Attached: 1578629535877.jpg (1024x936, 61.7K)

Chalice Dungeons are sleepy by definition because the only surprise or suspense you're going to get is "I wonder if the next room is big or small"
BBI has so much more going on.

Was anyone else as retarded as me on my first playthrough and though they were just part of the main game? After BSB I spent hours in there thinking the game was fucking stupid until I finally stopped at Rom.

filtered but unironically you dumb retard. chalice dungeons are fucking great, gives you something to fuck around with. best times ive had in the game were running chalice with my bros.

>tfw hacked the savefile
>tfw have OP bloodgems by hex editing
>tfw I kill bosses in like 10 hits
>tfw I invade and insta kill players
>tfw I get hatemail
>tfw I co-op and ruin other players enjoyment fighting hard enemies
I will not tire of this and I wiil keep doing it.

kek
Everybody makes mistakes, friendo.

>running chalice with my bros
watching paint dry is fun with friends

Based. Fuck Bloodborne, by far the shittiest Fromsoft game

everything is fun with friends. i also enjoyed them without my friends, now what.

Many sections of the other games could have been turned into Chalice Dungeons

That’s why I liked chalice dungeons. It took the bloat and just moved it aside and made it unnecessary to the story

it's still objectively garbage lol

>objectively
Go read a dictionary

I unironically wish chalice dungeons weren't datamined because Bloodborne's finest hour was when everyone was scrambling through and sharing their own generated dungeons to look for oddities, like Loran Darkbeast in the donut arena, wandering bosses, nice gem-farming spawns, and generally unusual architecture. Used to just SRRC co-op into random people's chalices and hope to run into something new. That mystique is mostly gone now.

Attached: catcomfy6.jpg (735x716, 205.44K)

>copy paste reused assets that was probably made in a single month
>good
OBJECTIVELY bad

Well yeah now that you say it like that, they don't seem so bad.

What's forcing you to look at the datamined stuff, can't you just play it normally?

Attached: 1643428716966.png (613x252, 165.36K)

>probably made in a single month
it probably was, and it still was a fun experience. i like adventure games and dont need instant gratification from my actions. and in fact, seeing as it was made in a single month, that only means there were not a lot of resources put into it. which means not a lot of resources was taken away form the actual main game. you nigger

Chalices became a necessary evil over time. Now with false depth dungeons you can get weapons early and not wait until the end of the game to play with it. My burial blade/blade of mercy run is still one of the best playthroughs I did.

Attached: 1489549684572.png (637x645, 248.66K)