Is the analogue pocket worth it...

is the analogue pocket worth it? I'm interested in it and the dock especially seems nice for playing gba stuff on the big screen. tempted to buy one off ebay

Attached: max.jpg (1280x720, 94.52K)

Chink emulator machine with clamshell when

Is it really $1000?

>he doesn't know

Attached: powkiddy v90.jpg (1643x924, 61.64K)

Go and watch reviews on it. The cartridge slot being as loose as it is is really the deciding factor about it because it definitely worried me, especially if lightly tapping it can cause the game to have issues. Especially if you're going to be using L and R on GBA games.

seems far too expensive for what it does
the miyoo thingy seems better for the price

Why is getting an IPS new 3DS and hacking it so hard for you people? All of these branded emulator machines suck.

an ips 3ds is more expensive than most chinese emulators

Yes but you’ll get to play 3DS games and every Nintendo handheld(and some consoles) up that point with 0 issues

I don't entirely get it. It has the features of an emulator but supposedly isn't one? What's the downside of emulating gameboy games? They're extremely simple to emulate.

They want to be a "legal" thing. Analogue systems apparent all do this, and then the ability to run roms is patched in a couple months after release by a third party so they can just shrug their shoulders.

>you’ll get to play 3DS games
So nothing of value

You're gonna be getting a lot of sour grapes poorfag opinions here, OP. Just brace yourself for that.

>powkiddy v90
is it any good? if u wanna write a lil bit i'll read

For the price, I honestly don't see why you wouldn't just get a modded GBA you can charge via microUSB or USB-C, unless you actually want to play non-Nintendo games on it too

My issue with the Miyoo Mini is that it's more of a novelty than anything. It's about the size of a deck of playing cards, which really isn't too comfortable for extended playtime

I'm referring more to the fact that it markets itself as running games on hardware instead of emulation. Roms can be ran with or without emulation.

the appeal is that the screen is a perfect integer scale able to really accurately mimic the displays of the original devices with improved clarity, the VRR screen allows them to run at their native refresh rate, there's no additional audio delay or input lag often present in software emulation, and the device is compatible with real hardware; you can connect to other gameboys, the the printer and other peripherals, and obviously supports carts including ones with additional hardware like tilt sensors

It's basically just a premium feeling version of the original gameboy with a really good screen. If that's what you want it's mostly pretty good at it. If you don't care about any of that and are happy with software emulation than yeah just stick with that. Though I don't think you'll find a comparable screen on current chinese emulation handhelds

>Cartridge insert breaks off because autists want to see the cartridge art.
And no-one thought of a back with clear plastic?

Get a PSP and emulate, fag.

Doesn't their FPGA solution also mean a more accurate gaming experience to how they were on the original system as well? Not just audio?

Do OG game boys with screen mods not run at native refresh rates?

This or a Vita/Shitty chinese emulator machine

PS1 runs on 3DS nowadays, unless you're attached to PSP games or you really like eroge dungeon crawlers the vita's worse