Have to wait on the main menu to see important story content

>have to wait on the main menu to see important story content
Why would they do something this stupid?

Attached: Vagrantstorybox (1).jpg (318x314, 57.84K)

>main menu music chains from intro video
>doesn't listen to the end
soulless

I think it was a fairly standard practice at the time.

This. Back then, when you brought back tour game home from the store, the ritual was to insert it in your console, and read the manual while letting whatever happened on the main screen happen. Usually some realtime demo, or an intro movie. Then once you had read the manual, you we're actually pressing start. Good ol' times

Yo, can someone tell me, what's the main stat for damage? Is it weapon type (EDG,PRC and such) or enemy type (Human, Beast, Phantom and etc). In workshops, what should I do? Is it really important to disassemble/combine/assemble?

Weapon type is very important, and enemy type isn't. It is important to disassemble and reassemble weapons because it's the only way for you to get higher tiers of equipment and more gem slots aside from grinding them from enemies.. but you can also finish the game with your starting gear if you please.

Have a weapon for each damage type as some enemies are only vulnerable to one. Enemy type doesn't really matter much, but some enemies are super weak to elements, like Gremlins are going to be only slightly weak to blunt and water, so you want both for them. You'll want to have a bunch of element gems on hand to switch out.
Shields are amazing, try to get one handed versions of every weapon type even if the two handed ones do more damage.
Basically, get used to analyzing enemies and going into the menus to switch out weapons and gems.
Keep a silver weapon for dealing with undead enemies too.
I never combined once in my playthrough, but disassembling and assembling are very important.
Lastly BUFF BUFF BUFF AND DEBUFF EVEN MORE.
Can't overstate how important buffs are.
Oh, and save items for when you need them for bosses/dire sitatuons. They don't drop a lot, and MP auto recovers fast over time so between fights wait for your MP to recover and overuse the Heal spell.
Make sure you read all the in-game guides too.

Does the material affect dmg out put too? A silver knife of mine can kill these zombies so damn quick while my other weapon with the same dmg type deals so little. Game has been pretty fun, but one criticism I have with the combat system is that there's no quick way to change your weapon set and the pretty questionable pants design for Riot.

Why don't games have those title screen "cutscenes" any more? Like Super Metroid showing various tricks.

huh?
what?

Silver does more against undead enemies.
Other than silver, material is just a way to show quality.
That's the major complaint but when you get to the point where you can kill bosses with one chain, you start to enjoy the menu autism to maximize damage.
Ashley's pants are amazing.

Aren't assembling and disassembling just switch your blade and hilt combination? Is it really that effective? I'm sorry, but I'm still really early in the game and just arrived at the first workshop in the game. I did try combining two single handed swords (a falchion type and a rapier) and got something different judging by the description, though I'm not sure whether it is better or not. About Buffs and Debuffs, should I prioritize those in the chains first? I can time my first chain almost everytime but the second and third chain is hard af. It's kinda interesting playing these old games looking at directions and choices of the same director, it's so obvious they used the same font as FFT, and chains do feel like Quickenings in FFXII bar the scrolling thing.

The game have different weapon material types too. Wood, Iron, Bronze, Silver and such.

>Silver does more against undead enemies.
Ah, no wonder. Was surprised a tiny ass knife is dealing big dmg against those zombies while my sword dealt 1/5 of the dmg.
>Ashley's pants are amazing
kek. Fuck no. Btw, for a PS1 game, the character models looked pretty darn good. Was really surprised at how good it looks. The hair and parts of the clothes also moves. It translated Akihiko Yoshida's design so well.

oh, uhhh...ok.

>Aren't assembling and disassembling just switch your blade and hilt combination? Is it really that effective?
Not where you're currently at, but later you'll have a ton of them. So what say you have a sword with a good blade for EDG, but its hilt is more for BLT. You'd want to put a good EDG favoring hilt on it instead. That sorta stuff. This buffs your overall damage numbers since you're leaning further into the specific damage any enemy is weak against if you have all 3 types.
>I did try combining two single handed swords (a falchion type and a rapier) and got something different judging
Combining is something new you can do, but it's not necessary. The way to see the stats for something is in the equip menu or when you're assembling things, it'll have a physical Stat.
>About Buffs and Debuffs, should I prioritize those in the chains first?
Buff spells like Herakles and Prostasia, not chains. The chains are something you just gotta practice and get used to, I always leaned more towards going between two that hit hard, like the one that does more damage and the one that does more damage and returns some DP for your weapon. You get used to the timing, by the end of the game I could go infinitely. There's also statues around the map you can use to practice.
The game wouldn't be half as good without the pants. Came out in 2000, one of the last big budget games for the PS1, and it shows a true mastery of the PS1 hardware in almost every capacity.

Attached: 1461287996362RGBnoise_scaleLevel0ttax3.000000.jpg (2100x1443, 1.5M)

Attached: callo_merlose_vagrant_story_drawn_by_yoshida_akihiko__1db889f3a601ab14a1dd15443b407601.png (400x1000, 532.75K)

bird dude is cute

Maybe it's because there's a minority of people who have missed them, so the devs had to put all cut scenes in game so everyone else gets a common experience.

>have to wait on the main menu to see important story content
I unironically love it when games do this.

Attached: z25ugal6uk241.png (640x359, 95.17K)