When it came out i remember the fear being that it would be easier than ds1 and gimp itself for normie appeal

when it came out i remember the fear being that it would be easier than ds1 and gimp itself for normie appeal

Attached: 2803-DSII-A3poster-Indies_smaller-file.jpg (1052x1488, 468.3K)

it is easier than 1, the only hard boss in this game is fume knight with no adp

That was ds3, from the walking estus to the stamina management, everything was casualised to be more friendly to new players

fume kinght have trash hitboxes he is not hard

level adp and the hitboxes are fine

In retrospect, most people who hate the game seem to have played SotFS. I've only played the base game and while I agree it's far from perfect, I think it's still pretty good. I know SotFS replaced the enemy placement so that you get tons of mobs to aggro you and they won't leave you alone if you're just trying to speed through an area to the boss fog gate. Also that 60fps on console breaks weapons faster and the stronger enemies early on don't make sense, like how you fight that dragon boss in the tower of flame but you still get it as a normal boss after Aldia's mansion.
>inb4 DS2's world making sense
I'm talking about game design.
I don't know, it seems like they were trying to respond to everyone saying the game was too easy but just exacerbated another problem the fans pointed out which is that difficult parts in the original version were mostly the one where you get gangbanged.

No one made it to fume knight. They got filtered by sentinels and quit and waited for ds3

I only played SotFS and I had fun. I really appreciated what they attempted to do even if they fell short. I guess it helps that I'm not a graphics snob, I just play games for the gameplay, which I guess is why I moved on to games like nioh.

That's Smelter Demon

>Also that 60fps on console breaks weapons faster

It’s the opposite actually. Faster framerates made durability go down quicker on PC back when game first launched. They simply refused to patch it until the Ps4/Xbone versions launched and they fixed it so it worked fine on new consoles. Then they finally patched the PC version to match.

The darksoulestest dark souls game....

>Level up i-frames
This was the second most retarded mechanic next to soul memory

your fears became true then

fume knight is super easy tho? The only real hard boss is darklurker

Doesn't sound familiar at all.

Attached: 1643033063017.png (956x833, 342.18K)

You can easily beat the game without ever putting a point in adp, i played the whole game and dlc's not even knowing adp gave you more i-frames
Made pvp a lot harder but besides that adp is fine
Git gud

retards did the same thing with sekiro, then they got filtered beyond fucking belief. i'll be laughing my head off when it happens again with elden ring.

>Smelter Demon
More like Dealter Demon lmao

Personally I find the following to be the hardest bosses in 2 even after hundreds of hours of getting better at the game:
- Throne Defender & Watcher
- Sinh
- Sir Alonne
- Lud & Zallen

They tried too hard to make the game annoying, not hard, not fun, not challenging but annoying and the fact that adp is a thing is proof of it.

>- Throne Defender & Watcher
They are gank that basically make you dance with them waiting for an opening
>- Sinh
Can oneshots you with ease.
>- Sir Alonne
Basically teleports to you in the blink of an eye, also the run to that boss fight was made by the same autist that was in charge of iron keep enemy placement.
>- Lud & Zallen
Optional boss, for one of the worst areas in the game.