How will they survive this gen?

Genuine question. Microsoft has bought and now owns a massive chunk of the most popular western IP's. How does Sony even compete against MS dropping fat bags of cash every year to secure exclusives?

Attached: sonylogo.0.jpg (1200x800, 28.96K)

They don't. PS5 is the Xbox of the previous generation down to always online DRM. It's their last console.

If in a few years, it becomes something like
>Microsoft owns all Western IPs
>Sony owns all Japanese IPs
My choice becomes very easy.

>>Sony owns all Japanese IPs
lmao

By securing their market of loyal movie game lovers, just like Nintendo survives thanks to their loyal autistic fans.

Sony hates Japan because they're American now

>he thinks sony can afford Nintendo

eh, they'll manage

lol sony are irrelevant in japan. switch has completely locked down the gaming market there. every month there's only 1 or 2 PS games in the top 50 best sellers.

Hopefully they don't. Sony has been a cancer since the PS3. It sucks too, PS1 and PS2 were god tier consoles.

Anti-monopoly laws exsist
It's the shit preventing Google and Disney from owning everything, it's even worse in Japan
They could always just keep paying for exclusive games or deals anyway

>snoys invade weekly Famitsu threads to tell everyone that Sony doesn't care Japan and they are all about that lucrative "global market"
>same snoys cry to Jim Ryan to not abandon Japan and buy major publishers like Capcom and Square Enix
If this is not schizophrenia I don't know what is.

>Anti-monopoly Laws
I'm convinced most people who mention this have no idea what their talking about

> massive chunk of the most popular western IP's
And nothing of value was lost

Sony dying means Microsoft is just going to get powered up massively though. Sony has been keeping them at bay, enjoy your 1000x worse cancer.

I'm convinced you are actually retarded

Why do people do doomposting about systems

You’re confused, Xbox is the last console. It’s all game pass from now on.

It's not schizophrenia, it's desperation born from their childish investment into Sony. Disregarding how pathetic brand loyalty and console wars are, they're now losing and don't know how to deal with it, so they lash out in any direction hoping for any kind of solution that turns things around which is hilarious.

They get erections imagining a system dying and they can say they were right or can get excited about something being a blunder. They have literally nothing in their lives so something big having failure excites them.

Microsoft will squeeze them out of the console market. They already got a shitton of publishers under their umbrella (and growing), Game Pass, cheaper all-digital console, Windows-XBox ecosystem Sony can't compete with. People buy PlayStation out of a habit, not because it's better and once Microsoft plants the idea that their dudebro games are better played on Xbox Sony dies in Europe and NA.

They'll survive on brand loyalty and few cinematic games every few years

>survive
it's genuinely hilarious to me that people just expect Nintendo and the Xbox devision to tank lost gen after lost gen and endure forever but if Sony somehow even so much as has one gen in which they merely encounter just basic competition then suddenly "it's game over maaaaaaaan!"

Do people think Microsoft is like the good guy that's totally consumer friendly and is not gonna fuck them in the ass? Ate people's memories that short that they forgot shit like that attempt at increasing xbox gold to 120 bucks/year?

I play strictly on PC so that wouldn't bother me one bit.