What controller is least likely to stick drift? Any personal experiences?

What controller is least likely to stick drift? Any personal experiences?
(and is the new Xbox dpad good for fighting games?)

Attached: Microsoft-Xbox-Series-X-Wireless-Controller-Electric-Volt.jpg (2000x2000, 179.84K)

>joycon drift is such a common issue its making people worry about their controllers drifting again
lmao

I almost bought the DualSense for the adaptive triggers but people say the stick drift is worse than the DS4 so I thought I'd ask

No modern first party controllers since the PS2 era stick drift except for the Switch.

>stick drift is worse than the DS4
not at fucking all. DS4 is amazing and a much better pad than the dualsense. just grab a DS4 and call it a day, you can even get the back button adapter for $10 now at gamestop or their official playstation site.

Get a controller with paddles and map two of the paddles to left stick click and right stick click. That or get a warranty with the controller and return it every time it fucks up.

I'm saying the DualSense is more prone to drift than the DS4 not saying that the DS4 is bad. I've had the DS4 for over a year now and have had no problems but it's starting to get softer going to the left because I used to play nascar games, plus the dpad is painful for my smaller than average thumb for longer sessions of fighting games so looking to switch.

Keep any full-size controller clean, don't throw it, the joysticks will be fine

well i have the xbox one pad, its also very good. the dpad is great but if you use it for too long as your main way of moving your player (2d games of fighting games like you said) it will hurt your thumb cause its hard plastic. biggest issue with the ds4 is the shit fucking charger connector, had to buy a bluetooth dongle for my pc to play games at all cause it kept disconnecting otherwise.

honestly id say to just buy another ds4 over the dualsense and xbox one pad. and like i said, the back button attachment is cheap now so you could just remap shit like the user above said.

the back button is still expensive where I live, and in all honesty I don't like the layout because I spent the most time using the 360 controllers but that dpad is meh for fighting games, any experience with the new xbox series controller dpad?

the back button shit is $10 in burgerland.
>any experience with the new xbox series controller dpad?
yeah, like i said. the xbox pad is really fucking good. and i used it for a while before deciding to go back to my ds4. the dpad on the xbox is really good, i used it for my original RE playthroughs and was a great experience. its very deliberate and i dont think i ever had any wrong inputs. but like i said again, the dpad is hard plastic. you will notice an imprint on your thumb if you use it for a while kinda thing. its still a very solid controller, seamless pc connection compared to the ds4 and a good layout. my only issue with the xbox pad are the triggers. they dont "hook" unlike the ds4. the ds4 have a curve on the triggers you can rest your fingers under, the xbox controller doesnt have that. its just fully solid. its a small thing and a personal one but just throwing that out there.

thank you! I'll consider saving up for Xbox since I only play on pc and for the layout, I'll stick with the DS4 for the dpad I guess

(shit res cause google gave me a webp so i had to screenshot it)

the hori fighting commander controller for the ps4 is supposed to have an amazing dpad, this is based on lots of user reviews that i read back when i was looking for a good dpad controller. i didnt end up getting it because i decided on the xbox controller for the dpad. obviously this is really only for fighting games and 2d shit but im just giving you ideas just in case. glad i could help

Attached: 1640089408517.png (878x877, 519.82K)

I'm just about one year in with the sexbox control and it has been solid as fuck. Build quality is great and no stick issues so far.

I have that xbox controller. Its great. Bought it because I had a lime green gameboy back when I was younger and actually happy

my ds4 left stick is kinda unsensitive. when i push forward or downwards it goes only half of it, so to go forward in games i have to rotate the cam os im going sideways, basically. i fixed it in ds4win though. also this problem fucked up dmc5 for me

Every console manufacturer uses the same cheap sensors for the joys so I would say you have the same chance.

the new xbox s/x dpad is very clicky. more than a mouse. not sure if you will like it.

Attached: 1641608354035m.jpg (818x1024, 88.98K)

I've had my dualshock 4, dualsense and switch pro controller since launch and none have drifted. But my cousins 20th anniversary xbox controller has already begun to drift.

>(and is the new Xbox dpad good for fighting games?)
My controller should arrive in a couple hours, make a new thread in like 6 hours and I'll tell you about it

i got stick drift on my xbox series controller recently. it's annoying and i tried blowing air into the stick to no avail.

can you post in some slow dead board like /bant/ to confirm lol

confirm what?

>I'm not even gonna read the comment before I respond to it

if the dpads any good or not in 6 hours time

Sure, I guess.