What does Any Forums think of Arcade1Up...

What does Any Forums think of Arcade1Up? These are arcade cabinets you buy in Walmart and they're all over the place now.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 145.71K)

good for him

I rather save the space and just emulate those grandpa games.

Attached: 1630342568912.webm (748x418, 801.95K)

>There are people who think CHEESE DRINKING actually stands to play video games.

Attached: FJmb_yzVIAEoDxa.jpg (1433x1911, 302.54K)

As long as they somewhat preserve the original shape of the cabinet design, it's based. Pro series KI looks gud to me for example.

They're complete shit. Also for the same price you can get a MiSTer.

I'm 6'3.

I'm trying me best to read his lips but the thing gets in the way

Are they coin operated? If not, then what's the point?

The point is they sort look like arcade cabinets. The build quality is bad, the emulation is subpar and they're made for midgets though.

If you have a workshop to DIY it than definitely do it yourself.
If you cant just pick up one of the arcade1ups on deep sale at walmart or used near you for pickup.
Then just replace it with a pi or whatever the fuck you want.
It is neat to have but if lived somewhere where I could DIY an arcade cabinet I would 100% do it over buying one.

Attached: 1569639503253.jpg (436x567, 42.75K)

>cook on a George Foreman grill just to drink out the drip tray

My brother got one and he thinks I'm a snob for saying it's super gay. He probably has a point but I just can't see the appeal in paying $400 to emulate 1 game. I can see the appeal in actually dropping a few grand for a real arcade if you have the money and space, but these just feel so soulless.

I hate full sized cabinets. I like cabarets/bartops/cocktail cabs, they're more fun

I think theyre neat, and affordable.
Id buy only one though, then rig an emulator on it.
Then add some plastic casing to hold video game decals when i want to change the case look.

>non-vegetable eatin

Attached: 687fc07829a036c8599622ce203f6c14cdba5830_hq.jpg (720x540, 33.72K)

Fuck it, ill just make my own.

I've long wanted to diy a proper MAME cabinate. 4 players. 8 buttons each.

I want to relive the glory days of Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara.

for the price you could could probably just spraypaint and screw some wood together and shove a PC in it.

For some reason it is my ambition to build a MAME cabinet that I can also play steam games on. Standing and playing Lego Star Wars or some shit on joysticks with a buddy just sounds rad.

>cabbage patch face havin

>reproduction
If you're not gonna do it right, might as well emulate the games then.

>paying $400 to emulate 1 game
They typically come with more than one actually, like I got one with Children of the Atom, X-Men vs Street Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom, and a snes game. I really got it more as a decoration and nostalgia than anything else.
I also got laid off immediately after I bought it so I’m pretty sure the universe has a fucked up sense of humor.