Started playing this today and it's actually pretty fun. Did two quests...

Started playing this today and it's actually pretty fun. Did two quests, the one with a guy who burned some dwarves smithy and the one with noonwraith. The combat isn't as bad as people say, I'd say its pretty good actually, although I have only just started so I haven't had a chance to use petards or crossbow. Although I suspect it's a bit too easy. I'm playing on hardest difficulty and I got my ass handed to me when fighting ghouls, but that's because I'm a mustard and can't play with a controller. Noonwraith only took two attempts. I suspect that when I get used to controller I will breeze through the game although I hope that won't be the case.
The presentation is great. Dialogues are well directed, voice acting is good and animations of the characters are so goof that different characters actually act differently and have personalities. And I love how the wind sounds and how it bends trees, though the trees should be taller. Lighting is also beautiful. World in general is gorgeous and travelling is fun.
Any Forums was wrong as always.

Attached: TQKAd8U6hnIFQIIcz6qnFh8C.jpg (1024x1024, 254.49K)

I'm going through the series now and I'm wondering if it's worth it. 1 was about running in circles around a map talking to people to move a plot that ultimately ended up not mattering at all. I'm in chapter 2 of Witcher 2 and getting the same shit: Walking back and forth between points to talk to people to move a plot forward that I can't find a reason to care about.

It's a pretty fun game with tons of filler content.
> Did two quests, the one with a guy who burned some dwarves smithy and the one with noonwraith.
Now understand that there are like 200-300 quests exactly like that. It becomes substantially less fun the more you do it. And you end up spending a lot of time in the menu screens re-applying oils and equipping gear to fit the situation.

Like I understand they want to emphasize that hunting a monster would require careful preparation, but there really should have been a more streamlined method for oils and potions

The main story is never really the point of open world sandbox games, that's just the hook, more of how the game gets your feet in the door, so to speak.
The real experience is exploring the world and discovering places on your own.

No open world game has ever had a good story with the exception of RDR

>The combat isn't as bad as people say, I'd say its pretty good actually,

Lol

What's wrong with stories in games like Gothic, Morrowind, or GTA San Andreas?

I don't think it's a game for everyone.
It's a story driven role playing game that happens to be set in an open world.
There's a lot of filler content, that really becomes a detriment as you progress.
It's the same with the second game, in my opinion. (Though I will say the second game at least has a more compelling main story, though it's still not the focus of the entire game).
If you can't stand the dialogues, the combat, or the way the characters are written, then you'll hate it.
And if you don't care about any of those things, then you'll just find it to be another walking sim.

Witcher 2 is four small maps with nothing in them besides points to click on for side quests. There isn't anything to discover on your own.

In fact I broke a quest and had to reload an old save because I found an item for it before the game wanted me to.

To be fair there was that one room in Loc Muinne sewers, with that guy who can respec you. And I think the caves in Loc Muinne hub were also completely optional, I don't remember a single quest leading you there.
Flotsam had that one hut with bandits, and a cool beach.
And that's about it.

Witcher 3 definitely took a lot of directions from Skyrim's playbook.

You find out a lot of the story by picking up random books and notes from corpses to find out what's going on.

I remember randomly discovering a tower where some retarded mage decided to rent the place and try training harpies to serve as a royal winged air force, and they just ended up eating him and then eating Donald Drump who came to the tower to collect his rent.

If you didn't read any of the notes laying around, you would not even think twice about the location.

>spoiler
You made that shit up, right? What year this game came out?

No, it's the Vikk Watch Tower.

Not sure if it's in the main game or added in the Hearts of Stone dlc

That must be the shittiest "totally subtle political joke" writing in the history of mankind.

The name of the other guy was Rohn Drump, not donald. honestly I dont think it was meant to have political meaning.

The trees in Flotsam were great though. That's what actual old forest should look like. Beautiful.

The quests are shorter and there's less to do than in Skyrim, which made the game a lot more fun to me.

You might be right. Possibly a coincidence, although a suspicious one seeing how popular it was to put anti-Trump jokes in everything.
Not that I like Trump but that kind of writing is just such a shit tier travesty it bothers me to no end. I mean if they made a character that has similar politics but without similar name or physical appearance, that's acceptable. But the likes of Bernard Klump or Hilleria Plancton or whatever, the writer should kill self out of shame.

Best game of the last decade. Nuff said

>Real Estate Landlord Rohn Drump invested in creating a new kind of Air Force
totally no similarities to politics here

He didn't invest in anything, in fact he told the biologist that breeding harpies was a dumb idea, but still rented to him since he paid 3 months in advance.

How do I learn how to do builds? I barely touched the special runes or whatever the fuck from Hearts of Stone.

Don't listen to Any Forums.

Was it just me or did the physical reveal of the three witches totally ruin the whole thing for you? I really enjoyed the ominous unseen evil angle.

None of the stats you change matter much.

TW3 was a let down to me. Mostly because the work of completing a lot of the quests is just tedious.

white orchard is great, gives way to velen, which is still great, then everything is just a tedious repetitive slog, from repeating animations/face/combat. i'm desperately trying to finish my run, but i stalled at blood and wine about half way through.