Sony is buying Capcom

>EVO acquisition
>Kiichiro Urata, an ex Capcom CEO, has joined PlayStation last September
>Grubb tease
>Yoshinori Ono now works for Sony
>Biggest IPs (RE, MH, DMC) were born on PlayStation, as well as minor ones like Onimusha
>Microsoft working on a MH clone
>Nintendo is not interested in big acquisitions
>Japanese shareholders (Tsujimoto family in this case) are old fashioned and prefer to sell to other Japanese companies
>Sony is considering acquiring a big Japanese game developer according to Kentan Games' CEO
>Ryan said they're not done
>the Saudi Arabian fund who invested in Capcom also bought Activision stocks in the past
It's happening bros

Attached: 9fc.png (600x499, 56.42K)

Sad if true.
I don't want my fighting game filled with trannies and niggers- oh wait.

You guys said it would happen last Thursday.

I'd rather they buy Square Enix desu.

You already got that shit with RE.

if it eventually means a real Vs fighting game that isn't ruined by Marvel's faggotry and a shitty budget then I'm okay with it

Fuck you, they can have squeenix since they put out nothing of value anyway. I want monster hunter and devil may cry on other platforms

maybe the next street fighter won't be awful.

They won't it's either gonna be Tencent or MS. They're not letting Sony get S-E. Prepare to MEGA COPE when it happens.

You do know that Street Fighter V was also funded by Sony, right?

Attached: 1641792923388.png (653x667, 392.95K)

why not both?

Are those games not on PC?
>Tencent
That'll never happen
>Microsoft
They're the American version of Tencent. Xbox is also completely dead in Japan and Asia. Locking SE games to Xbox and PC would piss of way too much people. And when mass negatively hits xbox they roll back. Remember the Xbox Live price increase controversy?

The board of Sony only gave SIE $10 billion. They'd have to ask Sony Japan for more if they wanna buy both SE and Capcom which would be based

>>Biggest IPs (RE, MH, DMC) were born on PlayStation, as well as minor ones like Onimusha
the playstation exclusives were all the worst selling games in those series

>>Japanese shareholders (Tsujimoto family in this case) are old fashioned and prefer to sell to other Japanese companies
of all japanese dev companies, capcom is the most western

Capcom is family owned(majority shareholders). Even if Sony could afford them, which they can’t, the Tsujimotos are never ever going to sell. On top of this fact, PlayStation is all but dead in Japan. You snoys are delusional.

they can always take a loan.

That's also true yea

>two weeks later

Attached: 1633516083355.jpg (315x616, 42.29K)

That would be amazing if this happened. Any Forums would be seething for the rest of the year.

>capcom
>family owned
>doing extremely well
>owns several lucrative franchises
>been having a lot of success on the PC platform and has expressed their desire to focus more on it in the future
Why would they EVER be bought out by sony? Even if they wanted to sell, they’re going to have an obscene asking price. Please come up with more compelling fanfic.

This is going to be a very big mistake.
What makes Sony think that just because RE and MH are going to become their exclusives, that Japan will be willing to buy the PS5?
If it didn't work with Demon Slayer or Kenshi Yonezu, it's over. You're done in Japan.

MH will become purely Worldfaggotry.
RE will just be a Japanese version of TLOU because of all the censorship.
DMC will remain DMC but with fewer sales.

Attached: demon_slayer_kimetsu_no_yaiba__1641295932_87cb0f84_progressive.jpg (800x800, 129.29K)

>PlayStation is dead in Japan

>PS5 always sells out

?

you know, coping toddlers, as usual.

Chinese scalpers are buying up JP stock of PS5s. You can see it in the software sales.

Maybe, but KnY sold like ass mostly because it's a shitty 3d arena fighter, don't kid yourself.
It's not going to perform much better on Switch.

>sends 100 units to Japan
>sells all 100
>see, this is the fastest selling console of all time in Japan!!!!!!!!!!

>Poison
>Bridget
>Balrog
>Eddy Gordo

Attached: 0...........png (492x540, 258.47K)

>PS5 always sells out

>not a single game is selling two years in

?

>Capcom is experiencing major success in the PC market lately
>despite this they are just going to let themselves be bought out by Sony and make all of their games PS5 exclusives from now on

user KnY sells TANJIRO'S BATHWATER that tastes like shit in Japan and is always sold out. So how is it that one shitty product attached to the brand can't sell like all the other shitty products? Hmmmmmmmm

>tastes like shit
And how do you know that?

Attached: 1410090648465.png (640x712, 12.96K)

1. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise – 2,350,693 / NEW
2. [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl – 2,313,115 / NEW
3. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! – 1,266,477 / 2,499,500
4. [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 971,418 / NEW
5. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 904,685 / 2,991,690
6. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 815,174 / 4,272,357
7. [NSW] Minecraft – 708,670 / 2,411,591
8. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 704,134 / 7,082,237
9. [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 628,538 / NEW
10. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 610,964 / 4,624,138
11. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield – 381,848 / 4,262,438
12. [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 352,133 / 871,782
13. [NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town – 318,331 / NEW
14. [NSW] New Pokemon Snap – 312,931 / NEW
15. [NSW] Super Mario Party – 306,590 / 2,036,386
16. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 305,016 / 3,993,405
17. [NSW] Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 278,747 / NEW
18. [NSW] Miitopia – 274,912 / NEW
19. [NSW] Game Builder Garage – 274,221 / NEW
20. [NSW] Monster Hunter Stories 2 – 242,876 / NEW
Wait, what’s that? I don’t see any PlayStation games…. That’s strange….. All the anons on Any Forums told me that the PS5 was doing so well!

I have the right to remain silent, officer

enjoy woke shit zombies

Ahhh... Delicious cope

snoysisters, I don’t feel so good

>Success in the PC market

>Monster hunter in the low millions

what would DMC6 be like under snoy

Attached: 1366239565582.jpg (917x570, 57.75K)

DELET

Capcom has much stronger ties with Nintendo than snoy nowadays, and is doing great independently. Also, Tsujimoto is a typical xenophobic Japanese boomer who only trusts his family members. There's no way in hell Capcom is sold out to westoid snoy. take your meds

>fags care more about platform war shitposting than the hypothetical impact (positive or negative) this might have on Capcom's library
tab closed

These are capcoms words. They said it themselves. Whatever weirdo console warrior goal post moving metric you decide to come up with is irrelevant. They are happy with how their games have been doing on PC and want to invest more into it.

No one is buying games though. It's almost all scalpers selling them to Chinese.

Seems you're the one trying to cope.