What is the best controller on the market right now?

What is the best controller on the market right now?

Attached: jxB9qq64JkWGuvaf9tDTc-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 50.63K)

Attached: 1631419663464.jpg (640x489, 34.53K)

ps4 controller

Holding a ps5 controller feels so much nicer, but at this point, I just want something that won't cramp my hands or ever drift. I'm so fucking sick and tired of it.

Xbox 360 controller /thread

Attached: 1627978376989.png (500x586, 77.54K)

PS2 controller

Oh boy these are my favourite controllers that are currently on the market.

I would gladly pay $80-$100 for a controller that was genuinely durable and guarenteed to last at least 5 years of general use. I don't drop my controllers. I don't get ass mad and slam them against stuff. Yet no matter what, they all still develop SOME kind of problem after a year or so. Analog sticks drift. Triggers stop working. Buttons stick. Analog sticks won't click in right. The analog stick covering wears off down to the nub (although that is an easy fix because you can put your own covers on). No matter what they all die. I've tried ps3, ps4, xbox360, xbone, third-party versions of playstation and xbox controllers. Some of the semi-popular 3rd party brands like 8bitdo and logitech. Fancy nintendo pro controllers. Sure, certain brands are comfier to hold and don't make clicking noises with button presses but ultimately they all die in about the same amount of time. EXCEPT for one, BUT I think it must be purely luck because I've had other controllers of the exact same brand die, which is my white ps4 controller that has lasted me 4 years now though it is pretty visually worn down. Functional, but the button markings are faded/fading and I've had to replace the stick covers. Thankfully on PC I can just use kb+m most of the time but some games are just controller-preferred like Dark Souls or side scrollers or turn-based rpgs or emulated games. In all the time video games have existed no one has created the perfect controller yet.

I find the dualscents more comfy over long play sessions and if a game supports haptics then it's very immersive

>8bitdo
You fucked yourself up there. They're known for poor quality here.

>extensively use it for 6 months
>rubber on the left stick starting to feel smoother and slightly sticky compared to the right one
Anyone else with this? I'm guessing the rubber is wearing down

I left a ps5 controller sitting for several months and both sticks got really oily for some reason. It seems normal after I cleaned it up though.

Yes, it happens on almost all of my controllers. You use the L stick more for moving your character than the R stick for camera movement, so in general it would theoretically wear down a lot faster than the R one

hueheuuheuheuuhehuehuueppebis

DS4 unfortunately. For shit like fighting games or games that use the d-pad a lot a Logiteck controller. even though outside of the d-pad they are pretty bad.

dualshock 5 is great, shame it won't be utilized to its fullest potential save for the few and far between first party exclusives

I tried the ds4 and it's great, i just don't like the assymetrical design.
I tried the 8bitdo2 and it just wasn't that good.
The sbsx controller is amazing, i use that now, my only grip is that it's small and getting to the dpad is annoying when i need it like in dmc5.
Other than that it's near perfect.

*i dont like the symmetrical design

Guess I'll just keep cleaning it occasionally and hope it doesn't wear through. Cheers.

Xbox. Timeless design. Each model year only requires minor tweaks to further improve an already perfect design. Snoys can continue to cope with their haptic triggers and touch pad gimmicks. Tendies can't even compete with either because they make children's toys.

I like the Series X controller a lot. Despite the assymetrical design I still prefer playing 2D games on it over any other recent controller because the D-pad is just so much better than the alternatives. Only issues I have with it is that the LB/RB are somewhat awkward to reach since the controller is clearly designed to have your index fingers resting on the triggers, and the face buttons feel a bit too glossy and round compared to most other controllers, but other than those pet peeves it's great.