Isn't that kind of fucked up that they never did another Metal Gear Rising game...

Isn't that kind of fucked up that they never did another Metal Gear Rising game? So you have this incredibly well received Metal Gear game that was made completely without Kojima's input. And you kick him out of the company so he can no longer make Metal Gear games for you. And your first thought isn't "Hey let's have those other guys make us a new game, that worked out last time." It's not like they just stopped touching the IP because they went and bungled out Survive. Like at some point it feels like it's just sheer pettiness, like the guy in charge of Konami hates Kojima so much that he would rather see the Metal Gear franchise die in hell than take any action that could possibly make money off it.

Attached: 3c39032d4c1da463684fb7d0a0f38dca.jpg (640x735, 127.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmWQd8zhEg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We don't need more. It was a fun one time thing and that's it.

This desu desu senpai. I'll take an Otacon spinoff, however.

Pretty much this. More would be too much. One time was fine.

Konami doesn't make vidya anymore. They make slot machines to fleece boomers

Attached: what_have_i_become.jpg (600x400, 290.67K)

I can tell you just finished highschool. MGR wasn't that good and story, its tone,visuals and gameplay was all over the place.

I don't understand why you guys obsess over this game. Every single time I see unending praise for it hand over fist but ever time I try to see what you like so much about it you can never articulate it and just say "is gud". If you can't even say why you like it it's mediocre. infact, you probably got memed into playing it.

It was most likely being made then cancelled out of spite along with every other project Kojima touched. The "2" teaser happened weeks before we found out Kojima Productions had been renamed then Platinum had to make up some bullshit explanation for it.

But I want a new one so bad. It feels kinda dated now and I've also beat it 3 times.

Attached: download.jpeg.jpg (1024x575, 103.77K)

I don't understand why people love Metal Gear games so much
I have started assuming its an ironic joke

Which ones have you played? People like them because they are extremely good at what they set out to do and don't have a lot of competition for other games to outshine them. You are right with the fact that the majority of people who know about metal gear only care about the meme potential though and just pretend to like it or care about it but will never touch a game.

Cross company collabs probably aren't easy.
Platinum is likely busy with their own projects plus I think has some deals with Square going on so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a non-compete clause since Square and Konami technically compete in the market with each other.
And Kojima was involved more than you think. He was just more on the business non-creative side of things making sure communication between the two companies went smoothly while also providing the base idea that Platinum used to make their game, which I doubt Konami has anything now to provide Platinum with to build off of.
Overall it isn't that surprising.

Because they are amazing games with a cool story. To this date some titles have the best bosses that games can offer. Also games are Unique in every way with insane amount of interactivity and details.

2, 4 and V
I start getting filtered when there's endless Hideo wordsalad about PMCs and then Akiba poos himself

>I start getting filtered when there's endless Hideo wordsalad about PMCs and then Akiba poos himself
These games are not for you. Try again in 10 years.

Everyone at Konami is mentally disabled. Please understand.

>filters boomers who hated raiden in mgs2
>one of those rare times when a title is so bad it's actually good
>memorable ost
>nice shitpost community
>kino fights (executed bad + that fucking camera but still kino)
>makes Any Forums seethe every time you make a thread about it
Enough?

Half of your points are literally hiveminded based on other people's thoughts and not even your opinions in a vacuum, so I am not convinced. The only point I agree on is that the ost is cringekino

These have to be some of the lamest reasons to obsess over a game I've ever seen.

Attached: 464636.png (153x178, 37.01K)

The story is simple enough to understand but has some interesting deeper implications. The characters are entertaining especially the bosses, and the gameplay is fun and satisfying to master. Its certainly better then most games I've played

youtube.com/watch?v=LmWQd8zhEg4

just stop trusting in Konami
its for your own good

Survivefags are all mad at Kojima for some reason but Konami are the ones who actually fucked it over to the extent that devs left hidden messages talking shit about the higher ups. It was totally sabotaged and never had a chance.

raiden in MGS2 was great, its MGS4 and Recringeance that ruined him
you fags dont even like MGS to begin with