What's your prediction for Persona 6 announcement this September...

What's your prediction for Persona 6 announcement this September? New director openly said he hates the calendar system and Igor is kill. You think we might get a different mechanic next?

Attached: 1643703522222.gif (256x406, 271.45K)

Unless they set it in a college setting (unlikely) or continue to reintroduce adult party members, it's gonna be shit.

>New director openly said he hates the calendar system
God i hope so, 60 hours of padding and filler shit was a mistake.

The series will flop without Meguro

Meguro and Soejima are still involved. It's Hashino that's gone. He went indie.

Meguro left Atlus

Yes and he's going to work on P6 as a freelancer

literally just the same thing again

Kino incoming

The artist and music guy quit, those were the best things about Persona. It’s gonna flop

what the fuck is jose

Well considering that since 2015 all new Atlus releases have had mediocre writing, probably that?
Double down on the style over substance and waifus.

>New director openly said he hates the calendar system and Igor is kill
Either the new director is going to suck it up and continue essentially doing the same shit as 3, 4 and 5 because the calendar and dating stuff makes Atlus money or Persona is dead in the water, probably going to be just used for ports, collections, merchandise and maybe a spin-off game every once in a while for 3-5.
>You think we might get a different mechanic next?
I think Atlus is too reliant on persona still to let go of the franchise but they also know a lot of persona's popularity comes from the dating sim and calendar shit introduced by 3, going back to how the PS1 games play or something completely different is too risky for them. My best guess is that they'll take more elements from nu-smt (in particular 5, since all the assests and resources are there, plus I think it's the best selling smt game so far) but still have dedicated party members and keep the one more battle system to still have some distinction from mainline games, if they wanted to keep the dating sim stuff, maybe they'll use something different and more simplified from the confidant/SL system (probably something easy for them to do like at certain points during the game, you can pick a dialogue choice that makes you lean more towards one girl at the end or you can give your team members gifts and that raises their affection levels towards you)

They've done high school too many times now
Time for College with a much more mature setting where your actions have real consequences.
They already showed us the potential of an adult party member in Strikers with the Detective so Imagine if we had a real Persona game with an Adult cast.
Fatlus has made a lot of money over the years because they have had such success, this isn't an impossible task for them to accomplish but the Japanese are known for squandering potential even with something as simple as a remaster of a title from 10 years ago.
I just hope they don't take a page from Sqeenix's book and fucking ruin everything.

Soejima didn't quit.
Meguro quit but straight up confirmed he'll still work with Altus, just as a contractor freelancer because it's more lucrative.
Literally all the big videogame composers these days are like this, quitting their original company and going freelance because it allows them to work on more stuff and also get paid better.

Wasn't he working on that fantasy game for Atlus?

Persona 4 - 3

so glad that homophobe is finally gone. finally we'll get the gay rep persona deserves.

Yes, that poster is retarded. Nobody except Meguro quit and Meguro released a fucking official statement that he'll still be tied to Atlus as a priority contractor.
Soejima is still at Atlus as their lead artist.
Hashino (and his entire team) moved from internal P-Studio to internal Studio Zero because he's sick and tired of working on Persona, Royal was made by newer younger staff that replaced Hashino and his team in P-Studio.

allegedly

I think Persona 5 Strikers is a good direction to take in terms of structure.
Instead of hanging out with someone repeatedly to get a series of upgrades.

Hanging with something me one and certain events will give points that can be spent on a upgrade chart

No shit Meguro went freelancer
>Good job Meguro-san, yet another master piece hai hai
>Now go inside the locker for 10 years when we decide to make another game