Pay $60 base game + $30 season pass just to do 1v1 competitive matches and literally nothing else

>pay $60 base game + $30 season pass just to do 1v1 competitive matches and literally nothing else

why is it that every other video game genre in existence makes an effort have more than one thing to do for the player besides fighting games?

people constantly bitch and moan about these games struggling to retain players longterm but never see any effort to move away from being so one-note in content variety

Attached: Fighting-Game-Glossary.jpg (1710x900, 301.76K)

fighting games are actually good games with mountains of depth to explore so you don't need other bullshit jangled in front of your face to distract you from the fact you bought a shitty game

Fighting games are sick but way too expensive. Who wants to spend $60 on a new game and still not have the whole roster. It's hard to justify going in on more than one fighting game when it costs like $80 plus $20 per season just to own the full game

SF6 WHEN?

because the most vocal fighting game players hate that the genre has anything other than training mode and offline versus

I pay $60 + the season to pass to only play 1-2 characters and never touch the rest.

because making a fighting game character takes a million times more effort than making fortnite skins and shit

Because the content is the characters. You fucking cunt. You think I want to play retarded game modes of pretend with a genre that is inadequately retrofitted into inappropriate scenarios? If you can come up with ideas, then let's hear them, but I bet they're fucking retarded.

they lose players like everything else the problem is that literally every game right now is trash other than tekken and soul calibur

>actually good
LOL

The largest and most vocal group is the ones who refuse to buy anything that doesn't have good rollback netcode though

That's a good thing.
Fuck anyone who makes a fighting game with delay netcode in this day and age.

Oh no, HEAVEN forbid the fighting game is playable online.

You didn't even read the post I replied to

These
What the fuck else would add to a fighting game to justify the price tag? Single player content in fighting games is less than worthless.

>Project L
Fucking when

Weapon Master mode in SC2 was pretty good.
Fighting games should add shit like that.

>OH MY SOLO CONTENT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MAIN GAME

I get what you mean though

Attached: 1629948674179.jpg (850x850, 237.31K)

What's a fun, cheap, active fighting game?

Some fighting games have SP content. It just sucks. No one wants to play a 1v1 game against AI like that. And 2D bosses can only be so good in a fighting game. After awhile the limitations of the genre actually work against it instead of for it when its against AI/"bosses". I actually enjoyed Injustice 1s campaign alot. But it was still awful to play it as a game.

Don't play then faggot. KOF15 is going to be great as a PVP game. I'm sick of dumb faggots pretending some genres aren't fucked from the start. Most arena shooters have awful single player content which is just shooting retarded AI too very rarely do they have campaigns like Quake did. RTS games are also often against cheating AI. Most genres in general have awful content aside from PVP. People with no taste/analytic ability just see content and act like it matters that it exists despite being bad.