How is your game coming along?

How is your game coming along?

Attached: game-engines-o3de-update.png (1838x953, 352.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F_N3mSCcyVs
youtube.com/watch?v=0gcSxscH0I8
a.pomf.cat/micigx.mp4
artstation.com/artwork/nYK0N1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i gave up

Still just an idea in my mind without putting any real effort into since I was 21.
I'm 32 now

badly

If i have absolutely no coding experience what's the best place to start?

In December, I promised myself to make a game within 3-4 months. If I don't have it completed or a decent product by then I would stop thinking about game Dev forever.
I'm almost 3 months in I'm almost finished first really big ambitious project that I have ever done.

So pretty good so far. Gonna release it on itch.io in beginning of March.

its done

Attached: 1643789953655.webm (320x240, 2.89M)

After seeing this short film made in UE5, I'm feeling really tempted to convert my game project into a movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=F_N3mSCcyVs

youtube.com/watch?v=0gcSxscH0I8

My project is already pretty story heavy and I'm already pretty knowledgeable with making cinematics in UE5 so I pretty much already have the tools I need. Maybe the temptation will pass, but man, just imagine...

Attached: han-yang-desending-stills-0512.jpg (1920x818, 224.58K)

I keep getting stuck in a loop where I get really excited about an idea, then realize my idea is derivative is another game.
Then I realize that all the great games that get hailed as innovative are actually pretty derivative themselves, so this inspires me to get to work again, then the cycle repeats

>Learn yourself
>Get a visual scripting

I would learn the basics. Variables and If/else statements.

You'll be on your way. Just need a bit of time to learn.

i'm too depressed to make progress

Attached: rain.gif (500x275, 307.18K)

It goes, currently putting together the demo level and messing with textures and light.
Have some jazzing tunes as well. a.pomf.cat/micigx.mp4

Attached: rooms.png (828x812, 1.01M)

lmao just don't be sad

I mean im teaching myself C++.
Though I'm a tad bit worried if I did the asset making part would be painful.

I dont know if i am stupid or it really does take a lot of time to complete.
I finished implementing auto hp, stamina and mana recovery. It took me a wtook to finnish it.
I am just focusing in the core features of the game. No animations or level design.
By the look of it. The game will start to look nice or something people would buy it after 3 years from now.

Doing more quest work. Have fun flying into the maw of an active black hole to analyze it.

Attached: UnderspaceBlackholeAnalNA.webm (1600x900, 2.87M)

Post progress please

Added a preview to the bar in the middle to show how much an action is going to affect it. Still need to show the effects on the other stats too.

Attached: 6QnOpONYej.webm (882x646, 895.61K)

Is there a point where you're outside the event horizon, but your ship isn't powerful enough to escape the pull and you slowly get sucked in?

Start working on hidden area and quest

Attached: 2021_snow_199.jpg (2400x720, 723.1K)

I got excited about an idea at 1.30am and spent 90 Mon creating a prototype. I want to put in some finishing touches tomorrow before sending it on to friends and getting back to my regularly scheduled game making

making everything for the game except the code so far.
it's going well but, on top of recently having a baby, the idea of learning programming on top of everything else feels a bit exhausting

not really sure where to start and what would be the most optimal path to actually finish the game

Attached: 1643468671052.jpg (1140x568, 71.23K)

something should be animated on the right side, title? background? maybe a moon? Also make it so you can click on the items that fell out of the chest, make them bounce or something. If you do that I will donate to your game

Game engines are the future of filmmaking. You'd be a pioneer in the craft.

Attached: aaron-sims-creative-standoff.jpg (2500x1250, 1.55M)

I had that in mind, and i was thinking of adding something scurrying about in the background, though the moon showing would be nifty il note that down.
I'm also gonna redo the trees, they look very generic.

is this fanart for a tech demo?

Nearly 2.5k downloads after 6 months, still getting 20 downloads a day

Attached: DriftKing_4_01_2022_4_54_13_PM.jpg (2560x1440, 1.19M)

The lights in the castle should glow. The trees don't exactly match, redoing them is a good idea.

tfw make hentai game, 60k downloads in 2 weeks. Feels bad when you release non coomer shit and it doesn't take off as much as fast

This UI is amazing, keep it up

It's official concept art for Valley of the Ancient.

artstation.com/artwork/nYK0N1

Attached: aaron-sims-creative-01-1.jpg (3000x1500, 2.08M)

gonna make an ALTTP clone but needa get good at pixel art/graphics. My real dream is to make an re1 clone with gamecube level graphics

Attached: emerald.gif (240x160, 163.16K)

Glow? you mean light should spill out? its pretty much already "glowing"

If you're near it, you're always getting sucked in.

But there is a point of no return.

Attached: UnderspaceDeadKingsNA.webm (1600x900, 2.86M)

you making good money nigga?

Modeling
redid the hair into a normal ponytail, and messed around with shaders

Attached: Agata_hair2.png (880x842, 429.77K)

I can draw an entity's sprite to the screen using my SpriteManager system and SFML as my only external dependency. So only like 20 more years to go.

flicker, perhaps a fire style glow/flicker or a tiny smooth step between 2 intensities.

I wish, it's currently free since it's an early alpha and I want to build interest

Aha, like that. Yeah can do, already have a flickering light function anyway. Can add it to those lights.

Is O3DE a good 3D game engine? It's royalty-free for all purposes so it's piqued my interest.

Attached: o3de.png (920x460, 105.68K)

How do you fags make webm of your games? I tried making a screen recording and then cropping it in Adobe premier, exporting as .webm but le Any Forums won't let me post it because it's not in "v8 format" or something

Webm For Retards.

That shading looks familiar. inb4 "BotW!" no, there was a guy a while back posting on a similar thread with fucking cool designs and the exact same shader you wouldn't happen to be that same lad?