What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Attached: Silent_Hill_2.jpg (263x379, 20.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kino

Silent Hill 2 probably

Hyperkino

an Okay sequel to SH1, that's however a much worse survival horror title, being so easy and calm by nature. Terribly paced first third, that picks up.
Stellar OST, as is to be expected from Akira Yamaoka.

Great music

One of the video games ever made

tears

I guess I'll ask here.
Is the HD remaster for PS3 of this one fine for a first time play? I've seen claims that its major flaw is that it's graphically inferior to other versions, while it's SH3 HD what should be avoided because of game-crashing bugs and new voice actors.

No. I mean you can, but it would be a very inferior experience.

You should either play originals or PC version with community patch.

pretend it's 2001 and you've never been on Any Forums and you will be pleasantly surprised. otherwise prepare for disappointment.

Probably disappointment, youre hyping it up too much to yourself

absolutely not, and this coming from only a casual fan of the series. it's not even worth it if you've already completed the game before.
this. PS2/PCSX2 if you don't mind 4:3, Enhanced Edition if you do.

Kind of depends on what you're expecting. You can never play Silent Hill 2 from within the context it was intended to be played.

Eat shit the opening is great

Silent Hill was never a 'survival' horror zoomer bitch.

No, play the fantastic fan-patched PC version: Silent Hill 2 Enhanced Edition - see pic related. The HD versions of both SH2 and 3 are abysmal and loaded with graphical and functional glitches, inferior graphics all around, and in SH3s case - inferior voice acting with no option for the original VA.

Attached: NEWEST SILENT HILL PC GUIDE.png (1281x5453, 1.82M)

>Terribly paced first third
how are those paint chips, tasty?

Just wanted to add that in the current state EE is pretty much the same quality as PS2 version, so you can just play one that's more convenient for you.

Really? To me it's always been the definition of it compared with REs action horror

SH games are laughingly easy and if you do even a little bit of exploration, you are showered with ammo. There's no 'survival' factor. It's RE games that have more survival than horror in them.

a town FULL of monsters

The apartment is fucking boring

Sorry kid, I'm a Millennial as fuck, and it always was survival horror.

>Is the HD remaster for PS3 of this one fine for a first time play?
NO. It is THE worst way to play ANY game.
It's fucking god awful. Play the PC ports, and start with SH1.

That guide you posted is very old. Here's the latest one + links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2:EE project's home page:
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
W10's own virtual disc app may not work. If so, try programs like Daemon Tools v4.
Also don't install under "C:\Program Files\" ! This will cause issues.

For SH2, follow the instructions on the Enhanced Edition homepage to the T, and you should be fine.
The "Enhanced .EXE" is also the no-CD crack.

For SH3 & 4, check the Guide or PC Gaming Wiki.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
I recommend the DuckStation, which is modern and easy to use, but most emulators work OK as well.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Start with Normal difficulty.
-There's TONS of replay value, so replay them all.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting, for better gamma & colors!
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors. Leg it, or sneak!
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help w/ stealth!

>literally no argument
SH2 and 3 have terrible pacing compared to SH1. Many newbies outright drop the game during the Apartments. The start's a total replay killer too.

Attached: SH-PC-Guide-14th-November-2020-v2,4.png (1281x6118, 1.05M)

Bad voice acting that also happens to be much more organic than other games' VA

and a single pizza

>There's no 'survival' factor.
There is, especially in SH1.
The balance has nothing to do with it. SH1 is literally built on the same foundations as RE.

>the current state EE is pretty much the same quality as PS2 version
No, it's BETTER than it.

>stealth
Imagine needing to sneak around the SH monsters instead of beating them all to death with a pipe

Attached: 1599931186345.png (484x596, 243.42K)

The voice acting is spot-on. The hell are you on exactly?

>-Play in the release order.
That's wrong though. 2 is a separate story, 1 and 3 are connected. Either play 1,3,2 or 2,1,3.

all my favorite games are bad

and this opinion has thoroughly demolished the sales of major games like Majora's Mask and Resident Evil

Imagine playing on difficulties above Normal.

>That's wrong though.
It is not. It should be the absolute NORM to always start a new franchise from the beginning. We do not need more annoying nu-SH2 fags.
>2 is a separate story,
It is not, and that's also not the point.
SH1 is the absolute best introduction to the series, which not only sets the rules but also helps you deal with the boring shit in the sequels. Obviously you also witness the visuals and gameplay evolve naturally, which is something most people appreciate more than "muh plot".

1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 , or bust.

Attached: Harry #1 Daddy.png (510x546, 15.37K)

Fucking stupid, if he's playing on the same memory card he'll miss the the bonus SH2 unlocks in SH3. Release order is always best unless you have some fucking 10iq goldfish memory and can't remember the story of the last game you played.

>Imagine playing on difficulties above Normal.
I can. Did you know there's a block button?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Silent Hill is one of the first franchises that come to people's minds when you mention survival horror and there's a reason for that.
The "survival" aspect comes from the limited amount of ammo and resources in general. Silent Hill not only objectively is survival horror, the genre distintion itself wouldn't probably be a thing if Silent Hill wasn't made.

>Did you know there's a block button?
Show me this magical move in SH1, oh great one!

Attached: FE-W23TX0BgJf9w.jpg (680x599, 54.59K)

Rust and locked doors.

>i-is that a LOCKED DOOR?
>I'M GOING INSAAAANE

No it's not. It's not good acting in general. It only works because since these people didn't know how to act, they ended up sounding real. Even more realistic than "professionals" trying to follow the medium's conventions.
Their acting is off most of the time, but some people thought it was intentional since these characters are deranged.
Don't get me wrong, the final product ended up being more than good.
But bad acting is bad acting.

I always thought that the acting was intentionally bad to seem distressing and out of place.