Getting a new pc with a 12700k and was wondering if I should get win11 for it...

Getting a new pc with a 12700k and was wondering if I should get win11 for it. No idea what makes it bad or good but I hear the 12th gen i7 work best with win11.

Attached: Untitled.png (1219x699, 175.05K)

I don't see any reason to not switch to W11 if you already got W10

W11 still has trouble properly utilizing SSDs. They'll be quite a bit slower than they were on W10.

W11 is castrated and worse W10. No point in "upgrading", just wait for obligatory 11.1 or 12 - and yes, 11 will be same failure as Win8 was.

DON'T DO IT!

TPM 2.0
I would wait for at least a few years to make sure it's not a threat to piracy, then either stay on W10 or switch to Linux if it is or upgrade to W11 if it isn't.

Not worth it yet. Just get 10. Will be able to upgrade when they make it worth it.

I’m basically forever stuck on 7 because it runs everything pre windows vista flawlessly.

To play some random game from 2009 on a windows 10 system I need to cut off my dick, Juno through hoops, make 6 threads on Microsoft fourms than wait 5 days for a response thats not a pajeet asking “hmm what hardwares do you haveing?” to download a file that will make this 2009 program run but with 50% cpu usage because you’re a retard running old shit on a new system that’s killing itself to understand

Just upgrade to Linux

eh, it's fine, the new file explorer sucks and it can't run android apps natively yet

Windows 8 is literally fine. It’s windows 7 with fast boot

Imagine being too retarted to force delete the bloat and not being able to force windows 8 to only display desktop not the apps screen id kms if I was that stupid and tech illiterate

What the fuck are you talking about? Speaking from personal experience, everything W7 runs W10 runs also, while vice versa is often not the case with more modern games.
>inb4 AAA SUX
Mostly yeah, but you're bound to run into a game you want to play that doesn't run on W7 and runs on W10 eventually.

No, 8 is and was never fine. 8.1 upgrade made it into more functional system. They tried to force more mobile and tablet feel and failed heavy, hence their 8.1 fix and later 10 taking good elements from both 7 and 8.1. It's the same as they did now.

HOWEVER, 8 as mobile OS was great, especially at phones. I still use Windows Phone (with 10 Mobile but 8 felt better) and I cant imagine switching to Andro-bloat.

If you decide to stay on Windows 10, disable the E-cores in the BIOS

Any reasoning as to why by chance? As this sounds like a 'Delete System32' suggestion.

>everything W7 runs W10 runs also,
Reading comprehension

“EVERYTHING PRE WINDOWS VISTA”

Was literally what he said In the post you replied to retard.

the reason why win11 is supposed to be better with 12th gen intel is because it has support for the mismatched cores - the 12700k I think has 8 P-cores (normal i7 cores) and 4 E-cores (efficiency Atom cores). Win10 doesn't have support for the E-cores so it'll treat them the same as the fast i7 cores and assign processes to it the same as any other core. If you launch a game and it decides to assign it to an E-core it'll run slower for no apparent reason.

What's even the point then? Running Android apps natively may be one of the few reasons to actually move to a new OS, sounds like right now you are just moving to a W10 reskin with poorer performance. I'll migrate when they get out of Beta.

10 runs as much pre-Vista as 7 and a lot of more modern stuff to boot. I've had trouble getting some older games working on 7 just like I did on 10, even the fixes were the same.

there is no point, there is absolutely no difference from windows 10 i've noticed aside from a shitty reskin for file explorer

>I still use Windows Phone
Why do you lie on the Internet

ITT: Anons discuss how much corporate cum to guzzle

>10 runs as much pre-Vista as 7
False.

I can name a few games from the mid 00s that ran on my 7 32 bit but not my 8 64 bit.

You’re unironically a toddler that doesn’t know anything trying to sound smart.

i've gotten the newest version of windows day 1 since windows 2000 including vista
waiting with 11 though since it seems too risky locking yourself out with tpm just because ms fucks up an update