The best RPG

better than Baldurs Gate and Planescape

Attached: Neverwinter_Nights_cover.jpg (268x370, 18.12K)

the campaigns were shit

specifically a dance with rogues thank you very much

I agree, but it is not that good of a game. It is full of soul, though.

Never played Neverwinter nights but I did see some sort of MMO with that name on my Xbone years ago. Is it the same thing or some kind of side game?

Turd Edition. AD&D was the only good edition.

the vanilla campaign is comfy, always wanted to play it with a buddy

Fuck, I miss the days of playing this game. You'd just find a good server that would become your main one, but then you could also just go surfing and find all kinds of stuff. RP, high magic, low magic, dungeon crawling, and all kinds of settings. There were even some persistent world servers that had modern-day settings and there were a few that even had Star Wars as their setting.
For those who don't know, NWN was like an MMO where anyone could make their own server with their own content. Some things were hard-coded, but you had complete control over your server's spells, items, areas, scripted events, and monsters.
I wish someone would make another game NWN instead of trying to make another MMO to compete in a market that is already so saturated. It would cost far less.

is this game meant to be played birds eye or third person behind?

i dreamed up a proper NWN 3, the main campaign it releases with is Star Wars (making it KotOR 3) and the two expansions were then Ebberon, and Forgotten Realms

been playing this recently, started with the OC because what the hell, how bad can it be.
I can't bros. Haven't played for weeks now, shit's mind numbing.
I'm about to go to luskan and after that the game ends right? I'll power through it if it's only like 3 hours, otherwise tell me if I should drop it now.

everyone shits on the original campaign for being boring, but i always found it comforting, i replay it from time to time and just play until i get bored, but i always come back and do it again

extremely comfy game

Attached: 20210802211857_1.jpg (1920x1080, 268.21K)

That's just Neverwinter and it has nothing to do with the two NWN games.

base campaign is just a really long technical demo
now shadows of undrentide and the underdark campaigns are where its at since they canonically star the same hero

>luskan
>burned out
I can understand it since every chapter they make you explore every or almost every map
I enjoyed it but it can be tiresome for some people
iirc there's still a good chunk of game ahead of you

at least post the expansions not the base game snoozefest with symmetrical open spaces and act structure every time

Skip the NWN campaign, start a new character for Undrentide, play through that and then use the same character for Underdark.

NWN is just a shitty engine for Aielund Saga.

fucking loved Undrentide
also Mask of the Betrayer was 10/10

Attached: file.png (220x311, 105.68K)

Playing on the Arelith RP server was the biggest mistake of my life.

That place is straight up ran by a 40+ year old NEET who doesn't play his own server and the moderators play favorites with people.

> also Mask of the Betrayer was 10/10
No, MotB is a shitty gay novel for teenage girls.

I feel bad for the Obsidian ex-fans who came in from New Vegas and only realized the Obsidian Formula when they played Pillars of Eternity.

sounds like you just have shit taste

The best way to play NWN is a 33 Rogue/6 Fighter/1 Shadowdancer build.

Human
16 Strength
14 Dexterity
14 Constitution
10 Wisdom
12 Intelligence
10 Charisma

Pick:
Discipline
Persuade
Disable Traps
Set Traps
Spot
Search
Hide
Move Silently
Tumble
Use Magic Device

Choose Dodge and Mobility as starting feats

Next, level Fighter to 1 and get Power Attack
After that, level up Rogue and Fighter back and fourth and max out Hide, Move Silently, Set & Disarm Traps, and Tumble every level. Whatever else you choose doesn't matter..
Level Shadowdancer once as soon as it's available, and when you're 6 Fighter, just level Rogue from there on.

Run, hide, sneak attack their face, repeat. Kill literally anything without taking a single hit.
You can play the entire game by yourself without companions and open every chest and container.
Wear anything that has a Max Dexterity Modifier >= 4. 20 Dexterity is more than enough.
Use a two-handed martial weapon and max out Strength as much as you can. Don't level up any other stat.

Attached: 512.png (557x871, 881.59K)

>the Obsidian Formula
Which is?
>minmaxfag
Why even bother

>don't particularly care for complex gameplay or solid pacing
>if there's an opportunity to stretch a single sentence into more than one paragraph, do it
>if there's existing setting details, laser-focus your plot on the one that fucks up the rest of the setting the most

Why not just go all out on fighter. Have shit ton of hp and use that cute sword you get at the start of hordes of underdark and just hit everything for 70?

Sounds like you literally hate to read bad writing, lol

>go on Arelith
>see a gay wedding
>watch the admin of the server become literal Torm
>Torm descends from the heavens to stop a gay wedding

kinda based desu, shame the rest of the server is ass.