Valve Is Reportedly Working on a Half-Life Game for the Steam Deck

pcmag.com/news/valve-is-reportedly-working-on-a-half-life-game-for-steam-deck

>A new Half-Life game is thought to be in development at Valve, but it's not a traditional FPS and definitely not Half-Life 3.

>As IGN reports, Valve is thought to be taking a similar approach with the Steam Deck as it took with the Index VR headset. For Index, Valve developed Half-Life: Alyx, which can't be played without a VR headset and that doesn't look set to change despire the best efforts of the modding community. For Steam Deck, the same is rumored to be happening—we're getting a new Half-Life game specifically for the handheld.

>The news comes via a video by Valve News Network content creator Tyler McVicker, who says Valve is working on a piece of software to show what the Steam Deck can do, and that software is known as Half-Life: Codename Citadel. McVikcer refers to the game as a "nostalgia fest" and a "Half-Life-based FPS/RTS hybrid that is co-operatively based. Think about Left 4 Dead, Alien Swarm, an RTS, and Half Life all having a baby."

Attached: steam-deck-half-life-3-gordon-freeman.jpg (1440x864, 128.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/half-life-citadel-shooter-strategy-game-steam-deck
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's real
holy fuck bros...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

MCNIGGER

Lost Coast 2.

>Tyler
Dropped
>Specifically for the handheld
Which is just a portable PC. Nonsensical.

>Think about Left 4 Dead, Alien Swarm, an RTS, and Half Life all having a baby
So Brutal Legend but like an L4D FPS set in the Half Life universe.

Tyler's a retard but in this situation he's making the basic observation that Valve wants to ship games with hardware.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this is coming out, or some kind of source 2 thing with adhoc multiplayer. Since that's a feature.

Attached: 1641955613245.jpg (299x452, 31.51K)

First it was HDR, now it's ray tracing.

>The news comes via a video by Valve News Network content creator Tyler McVicker
You dumb motherfucker.

Does Source 2 even support ray tracing?

>Tyler McVicker
What the hell is wrong with these people? Even Tyler himself says he's just a rumor-monger and that no one should be citing him as a source.

Should I play Half Life 1 or Mesa? I don't want to play the same game twice

bro tyler isn't some secret insider or something
we literally already knew this from just datamining updates of source games
this faggots is just stealing the work of other people

but anyway yeah Citadel is a thing that exists will probably get announced later this year

>Half-Life: Tactics
>Artifact Portable +Headcrab crossover booster pack
th-thanks gabe, surely what we all wanted

my deck is ready.

Attached: half-life.png (876x454, 339.46K)

>bro tyler isn't some secret insider or something
Yeah, no shit retard.
It just requires making the really fucking basic observation of when Valve released The Lab, Or that CS:GO and Dota 2 released/were going to release with the Steam Machines, or shit when fucking HALF LIFE ALYX FUCKING CAME OUT.

>it's not a traditional FPS and definitely not Half-Life 3.
Wow it's amazing how such a small line of text can make me lose any and all hope/interest for it!

Attached: 1569983235855.gif (400x296, 568.96K)

>Tyler's a retard but in this situation he's making the basic observation that Valve wants to ship games with hardware.
They have said over and over and over and over again: You CANNOT make a Deck exclusive game.
Will there be another Half Life game? Of fucking course. But Tyler is retarded and so is this rumor.

'dunno.

Maybe instead of making another game they'll abandon they could keep their existing promises to the community and FUCKING FINISH ARTIFACT FOUNDRY!

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January 2021 and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

Play Black Mesa if you plan on going into Half-Life 2 and it's episodes

Black mesa is fine, I want to recommend 1 over it but it's probably my stalgia speaking.
I'd say only go for hl1 if you like quake 1 and shit like that and like the older graphic style.

Here is your steamdeck bro.

Attached: file.png (1585x768, 260.18K)

>Deck is a portable PC
>They're making a Half-Life game for the PC
How does this make sense?

It doesn't mean it's exclusive you idiot. It just means the game will take advantage of the Deck's inputs. But it's still a PC so you can obviously play it on a normal KB&M setup.

And it's not just a rumor. There's actual game code of this shit that gets leaked every update. It has the same signs as when Alyx first showed up in datamines.

honestly not a bad deal considering what the AYO neo costs. i already have a pre-order but i might snag an extra one just for insurance.

>Pre-order

Attached: FK1YRW8XEAgE2or.jpg (1280x853, 112.99K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH I WANT ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>The news comes via a video by Valve News Network content creator Tyler McVicker
they would have been more credible if they listed "anonymous source familiar with valve's thinking" than that faggot lmfao

Attached: 1638687741606.jpg (1242x1237, 198.31K)

lmao, ok

Stop with the wacky kooky bullshit games and make HALF LIFE 3 GABE YOU FAT PIECE OF SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

What the heck? I have a 512GB pre-order from last year. Is it really worth that much now?

So buy one. If you order one today then you'll get one Q2 of '22.

Damn I forgot how Dota and CS:GO were only playable on Steam Machines
shut up retard

Attached: 1641954304233.png (417x495, 246.63K)

literally yes
it's a steam controller 2.0 + UMPC with OS driven FSR
quite literally frontier tech

Attached: 1643750774959.png (1080x1860, 662.11K)

they made it almost impossible for scalpers to bulk order preorders because you had to have a steam account with purchased games before the announcement

>It doesn't mean it's exclusive you idiot
Then the rumor is false. It's that fucking simple.

you can still make a game, distribute it for linux and tell the windows users to emulate it if they want it :)

Are you illiterate or just pretending? There was never any rumor for steam machine exclusives named dota or csgo.
You must be named tyler to be this fucking retarded.

I wish I could afford a Deck. I would shove so many emulators in that shit. Being Brazilian fucking sucks.

;_;7

>tyler mcnigger
hidden and saged

Attached: 1622128275845.png (1175x2048, 3.05M)

I have no idea what these acronyms mean with the exception of OS which is Operating System.

ign.com/articles/half-life-citadel-shooter-strategy-game-steam-deck
Valve already told Tyler but more importantly “journalists” who scour leddit for their “insider” sources to fuck off.
>It’s good to view [Valve News Network content creator Tyler McVicker's] coverage with a healthy dose of skepticism. We think it’s important to reiterate that while Tyler is a passionate gamer, he has no inside information about what goes on at Valve. As you know, any important announcements on projects that we are or aren’t working on will come directly from us

Attached: AF3D3F5B-673E-4DFF-A5B4-C098EFD3653B.jpg (682x1023, 63.47K)

They shipped dota, and were going to ship cs:go with steam machines you inbred weenie.
Why do you think they came out on xbox and ps3 and has pretty intensive controller support?

>Half-Life
People still care?

everyone who plays video games has the memory of a fucking goldfish i swear to christ.

Hours after the article went live he proceed to make a video being pleased about getting a shoutout from Valve. Pretty funny actually.

How can they make a PC game exclusive to one type of PC in particular? With Alyx it made sense, the game doesn't really work without VR and VR controls, sure. But the Deck is just a regular PC and can't do anything any other PC won't do as well. It doesn't even have any peripherals/control inputs you can't get on PC either, you can get the touchpads on a Steam controller and I remember reading that you will be able to use the Deck itself as a controller for another PC too. Making it exclusive sounds like complete nonsense, they'd have to make it intentionally refuse to run on anything other than a Deck and that will not only make people absolutely furious (for good reason) but it will almost certainly get bypassed very quickly.