NO YOU STUPID FAGGOTS

NO YOU STUPID FAGGOTS
GAMES CAN'T BE AR-

Attached: stanrev610.jpg (800x450, 51.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bswgQg-F3QE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

-mata

Attached: Alabino110416-18.jpg (2250x1500, 1.9M)

Videogames will NEVER be Arbor Day.

Attached: 1636050691673.jpg (1497x1275, 629.5K)

I dont know why they say it. There is games that are without any artistic merit, like so many soulless prints or pop music. But that doesn't mean games are not art.

Attached: 20220205_105112.png (2304x1296, 3.25M)

What a fucking kino masterpiece, i'd love to meet the creator behind this and have a nice comfy conversation with him

Attached: 1488145728-1479321684-img-0609.png (136x102, 64.67K)

MANDO VEGA.

Stanley Parable is amazing but let's not be pseuds about it.

Wrong. Baldur's Gate is Arbor Day: The Game.

Attached: 1630164741132.jpg (640x480, 123.79K)

ARRRRGGGHHH

I should move this up from my backlog. That looks beautiful.

He'd probably hate you. I'm at least twice as smart as him and I hate you.

>calling things art is considered pseudointellectual
Art is nothing special. That label means almost nothing, anything can be art.
I'm honestly surprised people even give a crap about whether games are art or not.

>I'm honestly surprised people even give a crap about whether games are art or not.
It's the sign of a midwit. When you realise that "good art" is just a common consensus, it follows that opinions can be useful as a guide but ultimately you need to form your own regardless of how much or little it adheres to that consensus.

Did Any Forums actually like Stanley Parable? Seems like the kind of game that would get a lot of hate here for being a pretentious walking sim.

i cannot name another game that i would consider art

Attached: image_2022-02-05_191036.png (263x379, 149.15K)

Do you think he has to lift up his arms to fit through the hole?

You probably hate yourself.

It's good meta-commentary on something most of us enjoy, namely video games.

It's a game exploring what it means to be a game, of course most of Any Forums wouldn't like it.

-RRRGH ME HEARTIES THERE'S A NIGGER ON THE PORT BOW

It isn't pretentious at all. Not all 'walking sims' are Dear Esther.

I played a couple versions. It parodies walking sims, in a way. It is a choose your own adventure that complains about video game structures.

>pretentious
it's unironically funny and a creative way of parodying walking sims (move forward and win is the joke, the endings are the punchlines)
personally i think walking sims get a bad name because of the actual pretentious garbage where all you do is hold forward and get story spoonfed to you like a movie

>GAMES CAN'T BE *ACK*!

but aren't games developed by *ACK* these days?

The only reason people hate walking sims is because of how often they advertise themselves as something else (usually puzzle games) or end up being really fucking obnoxious and preachy. A walking sim that"s very upfront about what it is and is actually well written is perfectly fine, especially if it takes advantage of the medium of vidya to tell its story in a way no other medium could— What Remains of Edith Finch and Stanley Parable are both great examples of this.

>metacommentary on video games that isn't innately about how HORRIBLE games are
>"Any Forums should hate it"
No.

why did i find stanley parable really funny back then but nowadays i can't stand it? what happened? it feels cringy

You got more cynical and now the jokes feel like they're beating you over the head.

also to the moon and beyond eyes
beyond eyes story is kinda eh but the idea of making a game where you're literally blind is pretty unique even if its a weird artsy way
i replayed it recently and somehow got more appreciation for the humor. kind of excited for the expansion.

Stanley Parable's creator later made The Beginner's Guide which isn't as well-known, but has a very interesting story and makes clever use of being a video game (for narrative purposes).

youtube.com/watch?v=bswgQg-F3QE

Some of the humour is dated. It came out during a time when poking fun at the illusion of choice in games was popular (Spec Ops The Line did something similar in a grittier way a year earlier).

Artsy walking sims aren’t the trend in games anymore.

You've heard the jokes before and are looking for novelty. Try newer games from Davey Wreden, the Stanley Parable is over 10 years old.

Games aren't art, they're something better... They're LUDOKINO

epic post

It's because they're entirely uneducated and the only association with art they have is high art because that's what they teach to children.

That post is a post meta ironic mockery about the state of people liking games like stanly.
You wouldn't get it

tanks are so fucking cool

Attached: 1610369950392.jpg (1024x683, 122.55K)

epic post

The idea that you can only call something "art" if it's actively trying to pander to existing conceptions of high art is one of the most damaging cultural shifts of the previous century.