Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster

Just bought this collection on steam. I'm playing the 2d games for the first time. Do I need to know anything about FF1 before I start? Any tips or advice? Any easy missed shit?

Attached: final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-cjx9496cw.jpg (1920x1080, 131.16K)

As long as you have Warrior and Red Mage up front any other team is pretty good.

Die zoomer.

Here's the only tip that matters: refund it and emulate the original versions.

Why do people do this? Just play the fucking game.

Why?

As long as your party makes sense you'll be fine. Btw thieves suck.

Don't listen to this guy unless you like broken games where a bunch of items and spells just don't work at all.

Seek the power peninsula

That's part of the experience. Most of the bugs aren't even bad.

I think they made all the pixel remaster games easier than the og versions by making your characters level up faster. correct me if im wrong.

IV and V Advance > the remasters.
For everything else they're fine.

Emulate the GBA or the PSP version of FF2, there's a WHOLE section of the game that you unlock after beating the story is missing.

>zoomers
>play a game

Attached: wtf do i do.jpg (480x270, 11.88K)

how were you supposed to know?

GBA ports of console games are always the worst versions with no exception.

manual probably

Is it just me, or do the "remastered" sprites in these just look off? It was the same way with those Dragon Quest releases, can companies just not do good pixel art anymore? Were console restrictions really what were keeping these games looking consistent, or do they just not have art directors anymore?

>Some things not working nearly as they're intended to
>Not even bad
This one's left of the bell curve

That's not in this version.

Bosses are actually pretty easy in FF1 for the most part. The most dangerous encounters are one like this where the game will just randomly shit out like 6 or 7 enemies that can one shot you. You really want at least one Black magic user 9black mage, red mage, ninja) for these situations because they can take out the entire group in one turn, which is something physical fighters just can't do. Black magic users are also useful for buffing physical fighters for bosses
You really want a warrior in slot 1, they tank damage way better than any other class and can be your primary physical fighter if you need him to be.
Monks are very strong with very little money investment. They do more physical/single target damage than anyone but they are somewhat vulnerable to magic which can be an issue late game. Don't equip them with weapons past level 8 because their fists improve with every level and they pass up anything else monks can use that early. Their unequipped defense also increases with leveling but a lot of times armor is still better on them.
You really want a white magic user
Don't grind too much early game because you get a class upgrade later on and they get better stat gains for their upgraded class
You can stack some buffs. Tempering the shit out of a fighter/monk can make them take out bosses in a couple turns
Thief is probably overall the worst class, especially in the original version which pixel remaster is closest to. They're worse physical fighters and tanks than monks and have no magic until they upgrade to ninja, and then are basically glorified temper bots. A red mage is much better.

Good beginner parties:
1st slot: Warrior
2nd slot: Monk or Red mage
3rd and 4th: slot Red, white or black mages

Attached: R8P9XPU.png (480x272, 160.68K)

It's the same artist who did the original sprites. I don't like the new ones either, but I can't really blame Squeenix here, that was the right approach.