The game would be kino if you actually had a reason to play it like a walking simulator but why would you when vehicles...

the game would be kino if you actually had a reason to play it like a walking simulator but why would you when vehicles become available?

Attached: death stranding.jpg (1024x1024, 289.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h2eHPj-Fyik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> npcs keep talking about how BTs are an extreme danger and you should avoid them
>keep saying that they are a terrifying unstopable force and we are basically all fucked
>couple hours later, you get weapons to literally kill them, making all tension of encountering them go away
Blood Grenades were a mistake.

The game would be kino if it was a game

can you stop the BT's without entering into the boss fight? I doubt you can clear the area that way but can you end that particular encounter by using grenades?
I've killed a few BT bosses but the time it takes and the amount of resources you have to put into it makes it feel like a complete waste when they just come back immediately again more or less. Would be cool if beating a BT boss actually cleared that area out either for good or a significant span of time

It never was a walking sim, and you literally cannot get to half of the places with vehicles.

DS is literally one of the most video-gamey video games to come out from the AAA industry in the last 12 years.

Dude, you can literally KILL all BTs.
No, not the bosses, the ghosties.

>Would be cool if beating a BT boss actually cleared that area out either for good or a significant span of time
It literally does just that. Play the game.

I think not. I just keep pushing forward and killing them as they appear in front of me. Never tried to clear an area killing all of them.

>DS is literally one of the most video-gamey video games to come out from the AAA industry in the last 12 years.
Why are you responding seriously to some retard who clearly hasn't even played the game lmao

>It literally does just that. Play the game.
I killed the BT boss outside of South Knot City, I think I entered the safe room a single time then when I rode that same route again the BT was back.

i didn't play the director's cut so maybe it's different there, but for me vehicles were situational tools that required a lot of preliminary work to set up, which I thought was really cool and sensible. You can shoot straight between a few key places you've put a lot of work into but walking is still necessary for blazing trails and getting to really hard to reach places. My playthrough didn't turn into some kind of driving-focused cheese at any point, I was always doing what I thought was the best move at any point, no self imposed challenges, and that meant lots of walking all the way through. It felt very cool that vehicles weren't arbitrarily excluded at any point. You can use them whenever it makes sense to.

early game style BT encounters would have been painful for an entire game. And as with the vehicles point the game is about dragging humanity back from the brink. Transport gets easier, survival gets easier, etc.

I did NOT play the DC and I don't know what it changes, but I was able to use vehicles 90% of the game. The trike can just be taken over way rougher terrain than it's clearly supposed to be, so I rarely had a reason to abandon it. The point where I stopped using it was once I had a series of ziplines set up, which was even worse than abusing vehicles since I could just hit a botton and essentially teleport places. I'm exaggerating a bit and yeah, the process of setting up the zip lines in the first place was fun, but it's still a problem.

>90% of the game
you're not using vehicles in the snowy mountains, especially when you're making your first deliveries, and using trikes on rough terrain damages your cargo so if you're going for a perfect delivery you have to get off if the road is too rough.

>keep saying that they are a terrifying unstopable force and we are basically all fucked
>couple hours later, you get weapons to literally kill them, making all tension of encountering them go away

Yeah no shit, no one had access to anti-BT weaponry before they started experimenting with Sam's blood
Die Hardman and Heartman basically cream themselves with glee from the fact that they finally have a way to fight back against BTs

>i didn't play the director's cut
neither did I, but before you even leave for the 2nd map you already have no reason to walk.
Ever since I got the bike walking has felt like a self imposed challenge. What sucks is I actually want to walk, I keep wanting the game to give me an excuse to do it, but doing it feels dumb and like a waste of time because it's just so much less optimal.

>kino
Any Forums fags ruin everything. Go back to your containment board.

Ok but where's the gameplay then?

If you kill the normal BTs with blood, they stay gone for a good while. Long enough that you can clear a path then run back to grab a heavy timed quest and run a truck through safely. IF you kill the miniboss BT, it clears all the remaining BT for like 3-5 minutes, but then the remaining ones all reappear. This is on very hard btw.

>every single structure you've built is there to help you survive better when you're making all your way back to the east at the last chapter of the game
If this is not pure Kinojima I don't know what is

did you spend the whole game awkwardly jiggling and crashing the trike up hills and pretty much wilfully breaking the physics of the game? can't really call this wrong since hideo kojima plans his games around you being able to do pretty much anything, but this sounds way more tiresome than just walking. I didn't do this because I didn't want to be constantly abandoning bikes, worrying about their batteries, having them getting trashed by timefall and BTs, ruining packages, etc.

And as for the ziplines, I really enjoyed them but they demand a lot of work to set up. That whole mountain area of the game is built around you learning to use them, but you have to make each painful death-climb at least once. For the last delivery to the coast I actually went ahead and built ziplines all the way to the border of the chiral network before starting the job. There was still a shitload of walking involved, just smarter walking.

again there's no wrong way to play, but I saw that jagged unfamiliar terrain, rocks, rivers, mule camps and the rest, I didn't want to be bound to a bike that might fuck up on me somehow. maybe i'm a retard but using the bike on anything but flat ground or roads struck me as wrong.

>maybe i'm a retard but using the bike on anything but flat ground or roads struck me as wrong.
That's probably what Kojima wanted, but the bike can easily get around that terrain, like no issues whatsoever so it kind of isn't a problem.
Even the truck can get around some rough terrain

I rarely saw any cargo damage from offroading. In fact, the first time something got damaged from doing it, I didn't realize why because I had been driving fairly recklessly a lot without damaging cargo up to that point. In fact, one of my biggest complaints about the game, right under vehicle and zipline OPness, is how easy it was to avoid cargo damage, and this was on Very Hard where I've heard cargo gets damaged easier (don't know if that's true lol). And of course ziplines only make this even easier. Maybe that's changed in the DC version (it's surprisingly hard to find what it actually changes, I was googling just now and still don't know). Or maybe I just got really lucky. Anyway, yeah the snowy mountains are where I used vehicles the least, I turned that into zipline heaven.

Kinda yeah, it was obvious a lot of what I was doing with trikes wasn't intended, but it wasn't difficult to do either. It's not like I spent hours glitchhunting or something, I just drove places where it looked like I probably shouldn't and it usually worked.

Oh and to actually address your point
I didn't find it more tiresome than walking, just more boring. My point is that taking trikes almost everywhere was optimal, like obviously faster than just walking. That's why I specified that the "physics breaking" I did was mostly effortless, taking the trike over rocks was overall faster than walking would be, even if I had to momentarily slow down sometimes.

I finally got the level 2 backpack cover

Attached: ds_2022_02_05_01_24_20_570.jpg (2560x1440, 1018.35K)

I just looked this up to see how people push the limits with the trike: youtu.be/h2eHPj-Fyik

I'd say this is a testament to good game construction in how robust it is, that you can throw unorthodox moves at this game and it can respond without cheating you. If we can fault this anywhere I'd say it leans too strongly towards player friendliness. The trike is very generous with bouncing out of place rather than getting stuck, and the BTs are more interested in looking scary than aggressively hunting your ass down when you fuck up and make noise.

And it is still a trade-off using the trike here. He has to completely skip over potential case pickups and also almost kills his BB with autotoxemia.This is definitely an option, but it didn't strike me as the right one. Still doesn't. Janky and unsteady approach to a scenario you can solve steadily and reliably on foot. And you only really need to go once this way.

As I said above I think they arguably leaned too hard towards forgivingness with what the player can get away with. They could have made the trike's collision sticking prone, but instead they made it bouncy and loose. A game that's so free you can break it is better than a game that's so rigid it's a boring one-solution puzzle.

The game would be kino if it was a shooter

But... but...

So I just started playing this not too long ago
how come the cities are BT-free zones? and why can't they just do whatever they do to keep BTs out of cities everywhere else? what's the ingame explanation?