Why was it so soulless compared to Dark Souls 1 and 2?

Why was it so soulless compared to Dark Souls 1 and 2?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 81.74K)

felt really safe. all the ambitious cool ideas like making your own bonfires and those weird world state things were cut.

Too much focus on bosses rather than the exploration

I'm going to need you to kill yourself 2 cuck.

I can't tell if it's geniunely worse in some way compared to 1 and 2 and Bloodborne OR if I simply reached Souls fatigue at this point. I'm sure I'll enjoy Elden Ring but I dunno now. Maybe I'm just getting tired of Japan presents "What if we made up Western Fantasy instead".

really safe and lame gameplay, particularly how they handled dodging
the most linear one by far
5 swamps
power stance removed
way less weapon variety than dark souls 2
having to warp back to firelink to level (yes i know 2 did this, it's still a flaw)

I have enjoyed BB and Sekiro a lot but DS3 felt like a soulless cashgrab with 0 creativity. At least DS2 had balls to try a lot of different things with the formula.

I feel like 3 was a mismatch of everything and for some that didn't work, for me it was the best in the series, but it's not without it's flaws, in all honestly, Sekiro was flawless.

Dark Souls II was literally the perfect game. How did they do it?

It isn't. You just didn't like the direction it took. It does some things better than the other games and some things worse.

Souls fatigue is real, as it is for any game, but there's something especially tedious about 3's levels. I don't know what it is, but even though I want to play Souls, and 3 has the best fashion & weapon variety, I can't stand playing through it.

Attached: DarkSoulsMcRide.jpg (600x401, 116.97K)

you are a brain damaged retard

it looks ugly

Fans mustve complained and doxxed fromsoft members
Oh well

In no way is 3 objectively ugly, but it's definitely kind of fucked in the palette and lighting. It's like they designed stuff for Bloodborne's environment settings, and then tweaked all the postprocessing so it's flat & grey.

Attached: dark-souls-minecraft.gif (480x270, 1.05M)

i think it's a bit of both

hourly das3 seethe thread

Nothing soulful about 2. The entire world's architecture gave me whiplash just walking around. It's obvious they just made a bunch of random areas, and carelessly glued them together afterwards.
And that's just one of its issues.

They decided to bring back MP rather than keep the system from 1 and 2.

Weird, that's exactly how 3 feels, too.

Attached: howhpidlebehavior.webm (720x406, 2.94M)

Its absolutely nuts how vibrant and fresh Sekiro felt after DS3, which tells you, DS3 was nothign but a fanservice still birth.

Why the FUCK does DS2 look lightyears ahead of DS3. Truly the kino gem of the franchise.

They turned DS into a straightforward linear action game. The npc fights too are a big step down from Scholar.

You know exactly when FROM is bringing the talent to a game and when not. Bloodborne and Sekiro stick out especially because the former is a completely realized world and vision, the latter pure japanese folklore soul.