Technically more advanced graphics does not automatically equal a better looking game and I'm tired of people acting...

Technically more advanced graphics does not automatically equal a better looking game and I'm tired of people acting like it does.

Attached: 1643418313811m.jpg (889x1024, 210.59K)

okay

Like crispfags who pretend the devs made SNES games intended for them to look crisp and pixelated.

yeah that looks gross

Bottom looks better though.
I don't care what anyone says, render96 looks fucking cool as fuck.

Main issue is that one texture that is just wood shavings when zoomed out. Now replace that with a texture that actually works and it will look better at scale.

Do you really think the mountain is supposed to be made of wood shavings you dumb fuck

>change the artstyle
>blame muh graphics
Nice one, nintardio.

It would still look like shit because Mario 64 is a low poly game with basic primitive early 3d visuals. HD textures will look out of place no matter what.

doesn't matter it still looks better

It makes it more interesting. God forbid a magical world inside of a painting of a bing bing wahoo game has oddities.

Both look terrible if we're going to be honest

did you even look at the image?

The HD textures look good on the low poly. HD Mario also looks good running around on them.

Clearly it is, otherwise they wouldn't have chosen them in the first place.

>It makes it more interesting
are you 12? inserting random unfitting shit into something doesn't make it more interesting.

obviously nintendo chose the texture because it looked like sandy dirt when blurry

for render96, they should take the source texture and blur it to keep the effect nintendo wanted, it can still be high res instead of the 16x16 texture the game used

Cope

The first time I saw this it ruined me. Literally can’t unsee now

It's almost like they just wanted the color of these things and not what it actually displays

>obviously nintendo chose the texture because it looked like sandy dirt when blurry
Finally someone on the internet with a fucking brain

>random unfitting shit
>on a mountain made from magic
Have you never played this game? If you want to be autistic there's plenty of unfitting shit.

Consoomers have been brainwashed for decades to think there is such as "objectively better visuals" just because one takes more power to render and one doesn't.

By their logic, a sphere is an objectively superior shape to a cube, no matter what situation, since one takes more resources to render. When I reality they're just different.

Attached: 1630852052923.png (600x471, 421.8K)

Goddamn I fucking hate retards like you more than anything.
>uh its fantasy, that means there are no rules at all!
Actually kill yourself.

I agree but in your example the remaster has soul as well

Zoomers have this fascination from 3D games released before they were born, but Mario 64 never had good visuals. Artistically it was subpar compared to games like Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Spyro, Crash, Panzer Dragoon.

Attached: file.png (1200x900, 967.66K)

I liked everything but the wood shavings and Bowser when he's walking toward you.

>spherefags trying this shit again

Attached: birddocsangery.png (768x768, 1.38M)

>are you 12?
do you mean the target demographic of this game?