Do you think a WW2 game where you play as the Germans and Japanese through the campaign would go over well with people...

Do you think a WW2 game where you play as the Germans and Japanese through the campaign would go over well with people or would it be too controversial?

Attached: 1638915131627.png (900x507, 449.18K)

Yea you will never get this, it might have happened back in like 2005 or 7 at the peak of like ww2 shooters but now , nah

Absolutely never.

The grandsons of American WW2 vets don't care it's just sHebrews, feminists, and Europeans who'd get upset

no, "at best" you'd get something about German soldier switching sides and fighting for US/Bolsheviks.

stupid Burgers can’t tell difference that Nazis were both Nazis and bad, they’re to blame

The amount of fuss it would cause would be enormous. It would have to take place entirely on the eastern front, I can’t see a Japanese game working period. You’d either be killing Anglos or Chinese and that’s a no go in an FPS in 2022. An eastern front german game could work but only if you explicitly either don’t commit war crimes and witness and hate them, or if you DO commit war crimes but your character commits sudoku or something while calling his cause evil.

and it'll be an Indian woman named Iden Versio

Just look at Daiteikoku for an example of this.
It dared to say that the US was led by a group of oligarchs that controlled an incompetent president and was responsible for Japan declaring war through embargos and demands.
Even among weebs who would play an untranslated eroge, it was controversial.

Germany yes
Japan no

Why would I want to play as losers?

naaaahhh, slaughtering Koreans is a lot less taboo than Jews

You don't seem to have too much a problem living life as one.

KEK

Attached: smuglaugh.png (124x124, 26.66K)

Make it like pic related and you can. Eastern front wehrmacht veteran forward patrol badasses who face the brunt of the Russian army. Might be best to ignore the concentration camps and slavic genocide, or you could nut up and show the characters suffering from PTSD through playable flashback sequences based on Come and See. Might get accolades for showing the duality of man and the horrors of war as it was without compromise.

Attached: images (2).jpg (960x1440, 207.21K)

Red Orchestra
Company of Heroes
HOI

>too controversial?

One of the greatest ww2 series/movie was about a German U-boat crew. I think a game based on your average German solider would do well especially if in the story it shows how brain washed and fanatical the German population was for Hitler.

Attached: video game.png (2316x2628, 1.57M)

I wouldn’t want to play as the krauts but an Imperial Japan game would be pretty based

No one here played Tales of Valor for CoH?

The dynamic campaigns IL-2 generates were surprisingly immersive despite how bare they are. Goddamn Typhoons showing up and shredding your buddies.

>playing as the losers
nah I’m good bro

>Imperial Japan game would be pretty based

Whats based about provoking a war and then immediately getting decimated?